WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Did you all hear about the home run derby?
- In more baseball news, the Nats have officially broken it off with Papa Johns. We’re definitely going to miss those discounts, but at least our team is no longer supporting a racist.
- And in more baseball news, the Aslin Beer Garden is a damn good place to drink before Nats Games.
- If you’re looking for somewhere to get a late night omelette after dancing to 90s music all night, hit up Rewind, the new diner coming to the first floor of Decades.
- The Natural History Museum is getting a brand new (kind of???) t-rex.
- Your long read of the day is about an old man who go lost in the woods of Virginia and then was discovered by a drone. That is, assuming you’ve finished the Kylie / Travis GQ piece?
- City Paper does a little sleuthing behind the Forbes story that claimed Navy Yard is one of the coolest neighborhoods in the U.S.
- Union Market is getting a crepe shop so you can fully live out all your Instagram food dreams.
- RIP Uprising Muffin Company. The entire BYT staff used to eat there… All the time.