WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- The National Symphony Orchestra is doing a one time screening and live performance of the score to Get Out. Hot damn I need these tickets. (via Press Release)
- The National Zoo wants to install permanent security checkpoints and decrease the amount of entrances and exits. One of the best things about the Zoo is that you never have to stand in a line to get inside. I’m going to miss that.
- Gina Chersevani, the booze genius behind Suburbia and Buffalo & Bergen, has a brand new truck that will be serving tropical drinks at The Wharf all summer long.
- Cava is giving out free lunches at their new Rosslyn location.
- Despite the media attention, Stormy Daniels hasn’t been able to sell out her D.C. appearances. In this city of nerds, is anyone surprised about that?
- If we’ve learned anything from this story, it’s that you can put anything you want on a plaque.
- Take a couple of minutes to read about the true story behind Columbia Heights annual fireworks show.
- The DC Council wants to name a chunk of U Street after Ben’s Chili Bowl.
- Need a little culture in your life? Check out The Post’s story on the best art exhibitions of the summer.