WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Let’s start off with the biggest news of the day: Mike Isabella has settled his sexual harassment lawsuit.
- &Pizza wants you to text them. Seriously. This is a weird guerilla marketing campaign, but it isn’t a joke. They’ll try and answer anything you ask.
- Maryland is kicking off a program to offer free tuition at community colleges.
- Tom Sietsema is very into Spoken English (and maybe admits to using Venmo?).
- In the craziest story of the day, police arrested a woman they found on the Metro tracks with a machete and a child.
- And speaking of Metro, they’re already planning next summer’s track shutdowns.
- The Restaurant Association of Maryland loves Ocean City dining more than… Literally anyone else. Don’t get me wrong, I grew up eating a diet of Thrashers and Dumser’s, but let’s not kid ourselves. The dining options are not good.
- WAMU has the breaking news about our robot overlords.
- DC Refined has some great shots of the Gold Cup and D.C.’s Holi celebrations, if you’re looking for some fashion inspo.