WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Need some Mother’s Day brunch plans? Hit up Eater’s round up / our sweet sweet brunch guide.
- Also, Cinco de Mayo is coming up, if you’re looking for an excuse to get wrecked on margaritas and don’t want to think about your actual alcoholism.
- In especially creepy news, a man who injected himself with untested treatments for a living was found dead in a D.C. sensory deprivation tank.
- Questlove came to D.C. and hit up Kith and Kin.
- The Smith is serving up some frozen cocktails this weekend, just in case the humidity starts to get to you.
- An American University student is suing neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer. Hell yeah.
- And speaking of deeply messed up shit, a bunch of anti-semitic flyers were found in Mount Pleasant yesterday.
- Tim Carman goes deep into the conspiracy behind fast food burgers. And by conspiracy I mean why the hell do we keep eating these things???
- A used bookstore just opened in Union Station and all the books are under $5. Now this is the kind of retail I can get excited about.