WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Downtown D.C. is filled with empty office buildings and we have to do something about it.
- Washingtonian outlines Jeff Bezos’ fascination with D.C. and takes an in depth look at the mansion Bezos is renovating in Kalorama.
- D.C.’s newest record store, Home Rule Records is popping up right across the street from Anxo’s Kennedy Street cidery. That slice of Brightwood Park is getting busier and busier.
- Buttercream Bakeshop made a giant bong cake for Capitol Hemp and it looks so much better than your imagining.
- José Andrés is opening a restaurant at Wolf Trap, which makes that drive (or Lyft) all the way out to Virginia feel a little more worth it.
- Following a Washington Post story and an online petition, Postmates is finally extending its service map east of the river. This would be so much more exciting if any of D.C.’s delivery services were actually good.
- And speaking of food, a new cocktail bar is taking over the second floor of Mellow Mushroom. Named Loves Me Not, they’ll be serving up classic cocktails, hosting bands / DJs and they might even show some avant garde films. The only thing you won’t be able to get there… is pizza.
- Maryland police are searching for the owners of pet pig.
- The Annapolis boat show sounds like something only old rich white men care about, but I desperately want to live on a house boat, so I can’t stop looking at these photos and pretending I’m an old rich white man.