WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- DCPL has debuted a brand new streaming service. As long as you have a library card, you can watch six movies a month for free. You have three days to watch a movie once you press play. Damn I love the library.
- WAMU explores the political connotations behind the phrase ‘east of the river‘.
- Here is a photo heavy list of the cutest boys with beards on the Nats and I’m… uh… very here for this content. I feel very seen.
- Also Bryce Harper has very good cleats. I love
- And speaking of based ball and the Nats, Eater has a round up of all the places to eat and drink inside of Nats park, Washingtonian has a round up of all the places to eat and drink outside of Nats park and DC Refined has a list of Opening Day specials. I hope you’re happy.
- Our final piece of Navy Yard food news comes from Eater, it looks like Due South is hopping in on the trend of opening an outdoor spot. They’ll be serving up rosé and nachos from a little snack stand.
- Washington Post visits Moh Moh Licious for a quick culinary trip of Nepal.
- Just like it’s always five o’clock somewhere, a Metro train is always on fire somewhere.
- Peak Bloom is here. Finally.