WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- It’s in the 60s today and it’s going to be in the 70s tomorrow? What’s happening?
- The African American History Museum is doing away with timed tickets on Wednesdays. If you still haven’t had a chance to see it, run, do not walk, to the Mall.
- According to the Nightclub & Bar Awards, Heist (located in good old Dupont Circle) is the “Lounge of the Year”. I think this is the douchiest sentence I’ve ever typed.
- Carnival Cruise bought the @CarnivalCruise snapchat handle from a kid in Virginia with a cruise worth $5,000. Does that feel cheap to anyone else? I feel like he could have held out for more.
- More dockless scooters are coming to D.C., but this time they’re dedicated to not clogging up the streets / sidewalks.
- Chef Geoff (of Chef Geoff) is suing Virginia over their weird happy hour advertisement laws.
- And speaking of dumb laws, the Grand Duchess is being forced to turn people away at the door because they don’t have enough bathrooms.
- Just another day in D.C.
Yes, that is @JackEvansWard2 holding a joint. @cmdgrosso also joined the fun as @DCMJ2014 offered free marijuana products to Councilmembers. https://t.co/zTtKHc6fUf #agreenerdc #aCreativeDC #marijuana #cannabis @MarijuanaPolicy @DCNORML pic.twitter.com/V2bXD4uPn1
— Capital Kush (@capitalkushnews) March 27, 2018