WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- There’s more news about the “bro culture” at Mike Isabella’s restaurants. Plus, it looks like his longtime publicist has cut all ties.
- Yelp’s D.C. office would look right at home on Silicon Valley.
- 2 Amys’ backbar is an anchovy lover’s heaven (and a dentist’s hell).
- Two ships from the late 1700s (or the early 1800s) were discovered on Alexandria’s waterfront. Isn’t this how the movie Ghost Ship starts? I don’t really remember the plot of Ghost Ship.
- The Wharf’s new asian restaurant, Kaliwa, has opened and damn does it look pretty. I love to make fun of the pure commercialism of The Wharf, but it is kind of a beautiful spot.
- Eater a list of food to try out the next time you hit up Union Market. In my opinion, you should follow none of that advice and go for my foolproof system. 1. Get a cocktail from Suburbia if it’s warm. If it’s not warm, get tea / coffee from Peregrine. 2. Walk around, soak up the energy. 3. Go to the Fishwife and get the invasive fish sandwich. 4. Eat. 5. Get a milkshake from Trickling Spring Creamery. 6. Drink. 7. Leave.
- Or you could do none of that and go for a bougie brunch instead. It’s your life.
- It’s finally gonna snow, guys! Happy spring!