WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- The cherry blossom peak bloom date has been pushed back because the weather sucks.
- Amazon opened its first D.C. bookstore at the old Barnes & Noble Georgetown location. There’s a very sad joke here but I’m going to let you fill in the blanks because I’m tired.
- The Washington Post takes a look at the very real grief behind restaurant closures.
- The folks behind Takoda opened another rooftop bar in Shaw. I’m sure this one will be just as impossible to get into once the summer starts.
- Filipino restaurants are popping up allover D.C and Eater is here to help you understand everything on the menu.
- Catch Oddisee in D.C. this week and then start saving up to see Beyonce and Jay-Z.
- DC Reynolds is celebrating their sixth anniversary with six hours of BOGO drink madness. Try not to die!
- Here’s an in depth look into the history of the Maryland flag and I promise it is 100% more interesting than you think.