WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy:
- Turn up this new Bad Moves jam and get ready for the weekend.
- Hank Dietle’s, the Montgomery County dive bar that burned down in February, might be back by this summer. Between this place and Quarry House, it’s so nice to see all our beloved dive bars come back.
- Howard University students protest dorm room conditions and a “housing shortage”, but the most appalling part of the story is the university president’s response to the situation. Hot damn.
- D.C.’s electronic music scene is thriving, even if you don’t know about it.
- Here’s a fun round up of restaurants you’ll never be able to get into because they’re book for months in advance.
- Speaking of reservations, Arlington Cemetery is the new Pineapples & Pearls / Komi / Bad Saint.
- Woolly Mammoth’s brand new artistic director has worked on Hamilton, Fun Home and other incredibly popular plays.
- D.C.’s first local rosé is coming and it’s going to be everywhere once summer hits.
- Your house is (maybe) filled with WWI chemicals. Happy Friday!