With National Hangover Day aka New Years Day quickly approaching you’ll be needing some brunch options. Here is a handy selection of some solid survival brunches to make sure you start 2015 RIGHT! (PLEASE also consult our Hangover Cures guide and our Overall DC Brunch Guide too)
OK, first up – early birds (yeah, right)
- Head to Urbana: The first 15 people through the brunch door will receive a $1-$15 dollar bottomless brunch, based on their order of arrival.
- Now, for the rest of you:
- DON’T WANT TO GET OUR OF YOUR PAJAMAS? Well, you’re in luck because these three spots are offering Pajama Brunch Options: Medium Rare, Tico and Pearl Dive. Tico is a prix-fixe ($37.50), as is Medium Rare (a total $23 steal for appetizer, entree and bottomless drinks) and Pearl Dive is the old-fashioned “show up and hope for the best” scenario
- Want even MORE seafood with your breakfast? And I’m not talking lox. Go to Eat the Rich and get yourself a snakehead fish pie, because you can.
- The best defense against a hangover, however, is to never stop drinking. District Commons understand this, and that’s exactly why they offer $16 bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys special with the purchase of an brunch entree. O that hair of the dog.
- Bloody Marys what you need? Cashion’s is hosting their 2nd annual Bloody Marry Battle where on the first day of the year they pick their house mary for the year. Taste all four contestants, eat some of that great breakfast green chile hash on top (they better still be serving that)
- Bottomless drinks are just not enough? How about BOTTOMLESS EVERYTHING? (well, drinks AND tapas). For $39 at Boqueria, you can get that.
- While it won’t be a drag brunch, Perry’s is still a great spot for your buffet-style brunch. But it is first-come, first-served, so you better have some motivation if you want to make it happen. Because, as we all know, getting up is the hardest part of New Year’s Day.
- Same goes for all your Richard Sandoval bottomless brunch stand-bys: El Centro ($35, both 14th and Georgetown locations), Masa 14 ($39), Ambar ($35) and Toro Toro ($39) are all open on New Year’s Day. CHOICES! Fwiw, we’re pretty obsessed with Toro Toro brunch.
- Just want to carbo-load? Dino’s Grotto offers this sweet $27 deal: a starter and a main course, with bottomless brunch cocktails on top. The prosciutto benedict is CALLING YOU.
- Want to botomlessly carbo-load ALL DAY and/or not worry about getting up before noon to make it to brunch? Lavagna in Capitol Hill is your answer, since they’re serving their ($12 bottomless mimosa) brunch all day.
- Bonus: Teddy & The Bully Bar is serving theirs till 5pm too.
- Want to super duper treat yo’self? Check out the bottomless, limittless, extra fancy brunch scenario at Four Seasons.
- Just one day of brunch is not enough? HOW ABOUT 4 DAYS OF BRUNCH? Eatwell Restaurants (Commissary, The Heights, Logan Tavern and the Pig) will serve brunch Thursday, January 1, through Sunday, January 4, until 4 p.m
- Not even trying to make the effort to seat down to eat, but need something for your ailing tummy. Grab yourself a bagel from Bagels and Baguettes. It’ll make you feel better, probably, if anything will help.