Ok- now that the hot mess of Black Friday and Cyber Monday is behind us, and Christmas is but 3 weekends away (WHAT?) we can focus on what really matters: all those awesome Holiday Markets and pop-ups that are, well, popping up around DC.
- Rock’n’Shop @ Black Cat, Dec 17th – Hunting for that perfect holiday gift? Looking to augment your hardcore collection with some essential records? Searching for the perfect T-shirt? Stop right there, my friend! Rock-n-Shop is where it’s all at. This annual junk sale offers more than the standard fare…for one thing, it’s not all junk…. Daisy from Smash DJing all night long too.
- Downtown Holiday Market, Nov 28-Dec 23- The tenth annual Downtown Holiday Market kicks off on Black Friday. The unique bazaar will feature of 150 exhibitors and artisans showing a variety of items including fine art, crafts, glass, jewelry, pottery, photography, and clothing. Find the perfect gift for that hard to shop for relative!
- Smithsonian Holiday Festival, Dec 6-7- The annual Smithsonian Holiday festival will return featuring events such as musical performances, films, book signings, trunk shows, crafts for kids, and more.
- Parcel Market, Dec 12-14 – The Capitol Riverfront BID presents a picturesque DC Holiday Market at Canal Park, complete with ice skating, food from Toki Underground, live music, and local vendors and artisans.
- The Harbor Holiday Market, weekends from Nov 15-Dec 21 – The National Harbor’s Holiday Market is a collection of hot drinks, holiday treats, and gifts and produce galore.
- Georgetown GLOW, Dec 12-14 – A little different than previous years’ holiday celebrations, this weekend-long event features art exhibitions, intricately decorated windows, and promotions from many of Georgetown’s 450 businesses. From 6-10 pm nightly.
- Tysons Corner Christmas Market and Winterfest, Dec 5-24- This new holiday event, modeled after the German Christmas markets, will include a Christmas tree, beer garden, vendor booths, and an ice rink.
LOCAL CRAFTERS AND DESIGNERS GALORE:
- Cady’s Alley Bazaar, Nov 22-Jan 4- The much-loved bazaar is back this year, featuring up-and-coming online fashion and accessory brands Pico Vela, Kim Schalk, IKKON, Elaine B Jewelry, and STYLECABLE. Pick up some unique gifts for friends and family (and yourself)!
- DC Art Studios’ Holiday Open House, Dec 7- Tour the studios of over 40 different artists. Buy handmade gifts and enjoy performances in the dance studio and yes, there will be free food.
- Del Ray Artisans Market, Dec 5-7, Dec 12-14, Dec 19-21- Shop unique handmade arts and crafts from local artists (including pottery, photography, jewelry, cloth and crafts).
- Affordable Art Sale, Dec 12 – Maryland Art Place (MAP) presents the second annual sale, retailing more than 100 works of art for under $500. If you can’t make it to Friday’s 6pm event, the remaining works will be available for purchase at MAP from 11-4 on Saturday.
- Fenton Street Market, Dec 20 – Silver Spring’s “Buy Local Holiday Market” will have over 60 local vendors with art and gifts for all ages.
- GRUMP at Artisphere, Dec 14- The annual holiday craft show returns to Artisphere featuring 40 local artisans. It’s like Etsy IRL!
- Durkl, December 1-5 – All this week, the clothing retailer will be at the Shoo-Fly Diner in Baltimore, showcasing looks for the well-dressed lads in your life.
- Moleskine, now open – The iconic little black notebooks will now be sold out of their first brick-and-mortar location in Georgetown. The pop-up shop continues through January, but then will begin a permanent build-out for at least the next five years. These notebooks are the perfect gift for your writer friends, and your pretending-to-be-writer friends.
- Shinola, now open – This Detroit-based supplier of watches, bikes, and fancy sporting goods is occupying a temporary space in Logan Circle before opening a permanent location across the street.
- Ledbury Pop Up Shop Nov 15-Jan 25- DC favorite menswear e-tailer will taking up residence in Georgetown for the second year. Find great gifts for the sartorially conscience man in your life. Check out our full first look of it right here
- Yelp Totally Bazaar on Saturday, December 13th.
- DC9 Holiday Market Extravaganza, Dec 15 – Local vendors selling crafts, clothing, baked goods, and more will inhabit this local bar for a one-of-a-kind holiday shopping experience. Dance and shop at the same time to music provided by DJ Jackie O.
- Golden Triangle Gift Card Giveaways– This isn’t a holiday market but an $1100 gift card could certainly help you with your holiday shopping.