WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- Record-breaking rains flooded the city this morning. If you got out late this morning, you might’ve missed it, since it happened all in one hour.
- Here’s just a snippet of videos and photos of the craziest flooding in the city.
- You certainly didn’t miss it if you live in Potomac, where a road collapsed, leaving over 75 people trapped on the other side.
- Two more Dupont bars are closing shop this summer, while a Chesapeake-inspired seafood restaurant is making its grand opening at Navy Yard. There will be blue crabs, of course, just in time for Cancer season.
- What’s a disgraced councilmember to do when federal agents ransack your home? Go barefoot and get lunch in Dupont, apparently.
- Talks about making D.C. a state are still making the rounds. This time, there’s a Gallup poll.
- Loud bangs set off a panic at Union Station on Sunday. Turns out, someone set off some firecrackers.
- There’s a second panic going on at Taco Bell: they’re out of tortillas.
- Extremely cool: Mozzeria is a pizzeria staffed entirely by deaf and ASL-speaking people and owned by a Deaf couple. They just announced that they’re opening up a D.C. location down the street from Gallaudet University.