WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- No surprise – D.C. Metro buses got a ‘D’ grade for their slow speed and unreliability.
- Have you been on the Anacostia lately? The increased water traffic has become a problem, and now council members are trying to regulate it more seriously.
- No one cared when this important monument turned 100 years old a few days ago, and we probably won’t next year, either.
- There are some frustrations that gay and bisexual men can’t donate blood. So this Virginian man decided to donate his kidney, instead.
- This women- and queer-owned distillery invited the USWNT to skip the White House and get a drink with them.
- An LGBT organization that connects queer people to volunteer opportunities is having an event to raise awareness on its existence.
- A historic wall that was built to segregate an Arlington neighborhood was destroyed by flooding, and the reactions are not what you think.
- On Logan Circle, a Southeast Asian eatery opened today and gave free bowls to the first 200 customers.