WHEREIN: We bring you the developments (happening in and around D.C.) that we think are newsworthy, or, at the very least, almost newsworthy…
- They did the math, and Trump’s military displays and performances cost at least $1.2 million. The whole thing bankrupted D.C.’s security fund.
- And speaking of hell, here’s a fun list of all the scandals and corruption in D.C. in the last 20 years. God bless America.
- The D.C. Council wants to lift licensing restrictions on a certain business model – children’s lemonade stands.
- Despite fundraising campaigns, the Alexandria bistro Society Fair is closing. But in Adams Morgan, an Italian restaurant opens up for the second time in the same location.
- D.C.’s attorney general is suing Marriott for its misleading resort fees. Doesn’t sound like he was happy with his latest hotel stay.
- Following a council vote, online sports betting in the region will only be operated by one company, which Evans happens to have ties with (he voted yes to approve the contract).
- With this month being the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, I have some old news for you: there’s a 3-billion-year-old moon rock inside the space window of the National Cathedral. If that sentence doesn’t blow your mind I don’t know what will.