In the spirit of time-does-not-exist anymore, we decided you could all use a Christmas right about now. So we are re-running some of our favorite holiday content, just because. Baking is very meditative. Do some today.
xoxo, BYT (and Merry Christmas! In April!)
OK, so we are not a cooking or baking website (though we do know the banana bread madness HAS TO STOP) but we did some internet perusing and here is 5 links to cookie recipes we’re inclined to trust:
- All the roads lead, obviously, to the Alison Roman DESSERT archives. You’re gonna end up there anyway, so we may as well send you ourselves:
- Bon Appetit did a MASSIVE round-up of 89 of their staff’s favorite cookies around the holidays. Our eyeballs quite enjoyed the look of: chocolate tahini linzers, jammy pinwheels, pizzettes and these breakfast cookies (the ultimate in fake holiday enjoyment: cookies for breakfast!) but seriously, make your own choices, there’s a little something for everyone.
- Saveur has a similar list (only, you know, less millennial sounding) and we are reaching for them smoky whiskey balls ingredients as we speak.
- Vegan? Make these chocolate chip delights.
- For those not into massive amounts of chocolate, Molly Yeh’s soft yogurt cookies with a raspberry glaze are the way to go. Molly, in general, is the queen of comfort cooking and baking so – a terrific resource all around. Don’t we ALL wish we lived on a farm right now?
Have recipe links you’d like us to add? Send them our way to [email protected] or tag us on social using #BYThings
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.