Happy SECOND week of 2018! (We did it!) As part of our resolution to THINK MORE in 2018, we are kicking off a weekly digest of out reads, thoughts and feelings to share with you, our beloved, cranky, smart BYT community. Please let us know what your week was all about in the comments.
In the BYT World:
We launched a radio program. It is called BYT Radio (easy to remember), it happens live every Thursday at noon so you can plan your weekend ahead with us, or you can just listen to it any time and subscribe to it on iTunes.
On the BYT Website:
- We told you the best things to do in DC, Chicago and NYC this weekend!
- We also determined the best album art of 2017…
- …and gave you a cheat sheet to the best murder mysteries of 2018!
- (Speaking of 2018, it’s going to be a very funny year.)
- And basically, we hate Logan Paul!
Out there in the world we read and discussed:
- Ughhhhhhh. I would prefer not to mention he who shall not be named, but I mean…is that even possible? I know we want to look away, but this is not the time to look away. Do not look away. Resist.
- This article. THIS ARTICLE. “I Made The Pizza Cinnamon Rolls” is “Cat Person” 2.0. Please read it. Women will automatically get it. Men will hopefully read it and process it and ALSO GET IT. (And then maybe bullshit can gradually stop happening? Hopefully?)
- New York inmates can no longer receive donated books. They have to buy them. FUCK. THAT. NOISE.
- I also read about how 21 cities may actually soon be too warm to host the Winter Olympics. (So, that’s fucking great. *Please note I am being sarcastic here.)
- Moira Donegan is a hero.
And in non-THE EARTH THE EARTH THE EARTH IS ON FIRE news, we read and discussed:
- This adorable little breath of fresh air about pattern-making with Roanna Wells via Oh Comely, my favorite UK-based magazine of all time that you should consider subscribing to. (PS, I realize I should’ve grammatically correctly said “to which you should consider subscribing,” but there are no rules in 2018. As dictated by me.)
- I am real fucking sick of Portlandia (namely Fred Armisen), but I am real hype on Carrie Brownstein’s forthcoming riot grrrl TV show. (In theory.)
- This is also an amazing piece on Istanbul’s nineties hardcore scene.
- Maya Angelou and Basquiat made a book in 1993 so that the world would seem less frightening, and I feel like crying even typing that.
- And The FADER’s staff gave a detailed list of their skincare regimens. I know that is a vapid note to end on (ON WHICH TO END), but I just turned thirty, and skin has new meanings for me. ALSO IT IS WINTERTIME. I AM (THEY ARE) HELPING YOU!