As part of our resolution to THINK MORE this year, we are continuing our weekly digest of our reads, thoughts and feelings to share with you, our beloved, cranky, smart BYT community. Please let us know what your week was all about in the comments. Ours was about Elizabeth Swaney, pizza vibrators and more! Read on to find out what in the fuck all of that means!
In the BYT World:
We have a radio program. It is called BYT Radio (easy to remember), it happens live every Thursday at noon so you can plan your weekend ahead with us, or you can just listen to it any time and subscribe to it on iTunes.
On the BYT Website:
- Have a good weekend not weak end. DC, Gay DC, Chicago and NYC!
- Yesterday was National Chili Day, so we asked chili expert Jenn de la Vega ALL OF THE QUESTIONS.
- We took a look at the history of the Old Patent Office Building / National Portrait Gallery.
- We also took a lot of photos of Katsucon! You should check ’em out!
- Here are the 15 most romantic spots in the DMV! (Gross!)
- And here’s our 2018 guide to the best Indian food in DC!
- Marcus Dowling gave us a crash course in K-pop, and hooked us up with a dope beginners’ playlist, too!
- Diana Metzger invented the best reality TV pilot pitch of all time – Hot Olympic Village Nights.
- I told you about all the best band merch that’s headed to our fair cities this month!
- I also went to Whole Foods 365 to reassure all of us that it’s not even that great of a supermarket.
And now for some external articles that got ME ME ME fired up:
- NPR did an incredible deep dive into how in the fuck Elizabeth Swaney, inarguably the worst halfpipe skier ever to compete in the Olympics, got to compete at Pyeongchang in the first place.
- In fact, the above is basically the only thing I want to talk about or think about for the rest of my life, BUT, in terms of some other noteworthy things…
- …red wine could be good for your teeth!
- Also, smoking weed may protect your liver from alcohol damage!
- A vibrator that can also order you a pizza is a thing that exists?
- The Cut created a comprehensive guide to the Kim Cattrall-SJP feud.
- And finally, a v. beautiful love letter to Spam.