The holidays are here which means that we are back with another edition of the best gift guide ever!
This year we have brought in some of our favorite people to help curate some special gift sets, as well as a few collections we think are perfect for the people in your life who love plants, want to apply the RBG aesthetic to their every day life, and so much more.
Also new this year is we put together a special edition of the BYT Office playlist to go with your perusal of the gift guide! And it has absolutely NO holiday songs (except “Christmas Unicorn”, the best song of all time) but only holiday gift giving adjacent songs, such as “Something’s Got to Give” by Labrinth, “Need U” by DVBBS and Alan Walker’s holiday classic “Lost Control”.
We’ve combed the city and went to some of our favorite shops in town to put together this guide that’s guaranteed to help you find a gift for everyone you are socially and emotionally obligated to purchase something for. Better grab these great gifts before they’re gone!
Starting off with the picks from our favorite fashion-forward friend, Chaz McCarter. Mother to the incomparable House of Sonique, Chaz has curated a collection that screams queer excellence and (mostly) monochromatic moodiness.
- Black Magic Hangover Recovery – Unlit
- “Fucking Plastic” Reusable Bag – Steadfast Supply
- Bathing Beauty Dish – Salt & Sundry
- Pom To Play Beanie – lululemon
- All Night Festival Bag – lululemon
- Stubble ‘n’ Stache Hydrate Moisturizer – Shop Made In D.C.
- Tattoo Tarot Cards – Steadfast Supply
- “Catch & Kill” by Ronan Farrow – Kramer Books
- The Anthem Pride Tee – 9:30 Club
- Homo Plate – Miss Pixie’s
- Swell Peacock Bottle – National Gallery of Art
For the Co-Star subscriber in your life, we’ve got you covered. Aim for the stars with these gifts and you’re sure to land in their hearts – gold glitter not included.
- Brown Table Runner – Salt & Sundry
- CBD Pyramid Bathbombs – Steadfast Supply
- “What We See In The Stars” by Kelsey Oseid – Salt & Sundry
- Snake Dish – She Loves Me
- Incense – She loves Me
- Scented Travel Candle – Salt & Sundry
- Astronomy Mug – National Gallery of Art
- Smoke Palo Santo Upstate Salve – Salt & Sundry
- Dancing Queens Earrings – Rachel Pfeffer Design
- Gypsy Rose Toner – Salt & Sundry
The fastest way to our heart is through our stomach, and this collection has everything you need to eat well and look good doing it.
- Veggie Bounty and Knife Kitchen Towels – Marcella Kriebel
- “I Love Cheese” Monthly Subscription – Each Peach Market
- Amber French Press – Salt & Sundry
- Nordur Sea Salt – Salt & Sundry
- “Baan” by Kay Plunkett-Hogge – Salt & Sundry
- Fuzzy Ball Strings – Salt & Sundry
- Black Magic & Super Greens – Jrink
- Orange Decor – She Loves Me
- Sushi Salt & Pepper Shakers – Steadfast Supply
- “Maca,” “Better Than Botox,” and “Follow Your Gut” – Apothekary
Sometimes the best gift is the holiday season itself – grab these items to show off how much of a holi-phile you and your friends truly are. Get all warm and cozy, grow a spruce tree, wish your friends a “feliz navi-dog”, while wearing some amazing earrings from Steadfast Supply.
- 99% Of These Ornaments – Miss Pixie’s
- Feliz Navidog Ornament – Steadfast Supply
- Palate Nail Polish – Salt and Sundry
- Toasted Pumpkin Spice Candle – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Spruce Evergreen Garden Kit – She Loves Me
- Peace On Earth Card – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Turquoise acetate Hoop Earrings – Steadfast Supply
- Dyri PyroPet – Steadfast Supply
- Show Me The Sherpa Mittens – lululemon
2019 has been a big year for D.C., and we’ve never been prouder to call the District our home! Whether they’re a fan of the sportsball teams or just love living in the Nation’s capital – these gifts are perfect for showing off a little D.C. pride. Highlights include an incredible Jose Andrés 2020 calendar – which we should all get to celebrate our city’s favorite human and chef.
- Full Transparency Hard Seltzer – DC Brau
- I Do My Drinking Coasters – Shop Made In D.C.
- District Tie Bar – Steadfast Supply
- District of Champions Shirt – Steadfast Supply
- D.C. Card – National Gallery of Art
- Jose Andres 2020 Calendar – Marcella Kriebel
- D.C. Covered Cookies – Shop Made In D.C.
- Ring Dishes – Salt & Sundry
- District Blend Coffee – Shop Made In D.C.
- D.C. Flag Print – National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Triangle Earrings – Shop Made In D.C.
- Career Crisis Cards – Cherry Blossom Creative
Our next guest-curated gift list comes to us from the incredibly talented artist Trap Bob designed to foster creativity and make sure you just have a good time.
- Gift Card – 9:30 Club
- Grown Ass Lady Pin – Shop Made In D.C.
- Black Dish – Shop Made In D.C.
- Boob Mug – Shop Made In D.C.
- Patterned Earrings – Shop Made In D.C.
- District Batch Bath Salts – Shop Made In D.C.
- Heart Necklace – Shop Made In D.C.
- Beyonce Card – Shop Made In D.C.
- Eraser – Appointed
- Mini Linen Jotter – Appointed
- Notebook – Appointed
- Notes To Inspire Candle- Appointed
- Spiral Sketchpad – Appointed
- Winged CBD Balance Oil – Ivy Wild
- DedCool Coco Vanilla Hand Cream – Ivy Wild
- The Good Patch Rescue Patch – Ivy Wild
Some things don’t seem like they would go together, but they totally do. For instance, take a trip with us to the Bone Zone for gifts that combine some of our favorite topics: sex & death. As a reminder – we do a true crime festival.
- “Sex” Book – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Skull Candle – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Love Oracles Cards – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Blow Me Plate – Miss Pixie’s
- Figure Candle – Salt & Sundry
- Skeleton With Cigarette Journal – National Gallery of Art
- Line Drawing Derrière Wine Coaster – National Gallery of Art
- Nipple Cups – She Loves Me
- Lace Dress – Sun Gods LLC
- Pearl Necklace – BYT
Celebrate the QUEENS in your life with this selection of some truly incredible, and fierce women and Kramerbook’s wonderful Game of Queens drag queen cards.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL SHOPPING MAP
- Gold Dress – Sun Gods LLC
- Game of Queens – Kramerbooks
- “What Do We Need Men For?” By E. Jean Carroll – Kramerbooks
- “Know My Name” By Chanel Miller – Kramerbooks
- “Muslim Girls Rise” By Saira Mir – Kramerbooks
- Antonia Palmeri Jaguar Earrings – She Loves Me
- Malala Card – Shop Made In D.C.
- Rosa Parks Print – Steadfast Supply
- Maslo Gold Necklace & Earrings – Steadfast Supply
- Socks – National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Frida Khalo Mug – National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Selena Sticker – National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Ladies of Legend Calendar – Salt & Sundry
- “Bad Girls Throughout History” By Ann Shen – President Lincoln’s Cottage
Gender is a construct, but here’s some gifts for the male identifying humans in your life. Gear them up before we send them all to space!
- “I Am Perfectly Designed” by Karamo Brown – Kramerbooks
- Sky Loft Jacket – lululemon
- Black Billfold – National Gallery of Art
- Astronaut Erasers – National Gallery of Art
- Brackish Feather Earrings – National Gallery of Art
- Succulents – Pear Plum Cafe
- Scarf – Salt & Sundry
- Watch – Salt & Sundry
- Ringholder – Salt & Sundry
- Good & Well Beard Oil – Salt & Sundry
- Bowie & Prince Print – Steadfast Supply
- Star Wars Cookie Cutter – Steadfast Supply
- Ring – Steadfast Supply
- Zipper Clutch Bag – Stitch + Rivet
You definitely know some plant parents in your life. Nothing says I love you like responsibility for a living thing!
- Crystal Magic – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Forest Life Notes – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Succulent Notecards – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Wild Paradise Cards – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Smoke Weed Card – Miss Pixie’s
- Floral Gloves – National Gallery Of Art
- Floral Oven Mitt – National Gallery Of Art
- “Herbarium” by Caz Hildebrand – Salt & Sundry
- Green Towel – Salt & Sundry
- Happy Times Card – She Loves Me
- This Plant Will Never Die Pin – She Loves Me
- Facial Oil – She Loves Me
- Fruit Basket Card – She Loves Me
- Cactus Earrings – She Loves Me
- Flower – She Loves Me
- Triangle Earrings – She Loves Me
- Bow Tie – Steadfast Supply
- Rainbow Planter – Steadfast Supply
We went full PBS on you for the miniature humans in your life. Also at this point the whole staff started singing “Boom Boom Boom” by The Outhere Brothers so… wayo.
- ABC Mini Tote – Appointed
- Jumbo Pencils and Box – Appointed
- Moon Ornament – National Gallery of Art
- Beanie – Salt & Sundry
- Mr. Rogers Mug – Steadfast Supply
- “My First Book of Feminism” by Julie Merberg – Steadfast Supply
- Combat Ready Baby Balm – Steadfast Supply
Our third curated gift set comes from the multi- talented musician, Iza Flo founder, and 7 Drum City teacher Isabelle De Leon. Grab these gifts to put some rhythm into your holidays. We’re also including the comments she sent because they were fairly amazing.
- Summer Shirt – The 9:30 Club: 9:30 Club is iconic among musicians and industry professionals! Every time I’ve toured around the U.S., I come across at least one person with 9:30 club swag and it makes me proud to say I’m from the city of its home! Definitely recommend for your music lover family member or friend.
- Winter Passport – Salt & Sundry: I love any excuse to explore new restaurants and bars in DC, so having a somewhat game-ified checklist that includes exclusive deals and access to events sounds like a win to me! Plus, you can make it a double win by gifting one to yourself and using it as an excuse to see your friend or loved one more often!
- Mondrian Composition Earrings – National Gallery of Art I’m a sucker for wearable art, it’s an easy way to glamorize any outfit! And I bet you won’t find many people wearing the same thing. A beautiful gift for any of your art-lover family or friends!
- “Indian Cooking From My Mom” by Rupen Rao-Shop Made In D.C. I love receiving food gifts as a way to try new flavors and ingredients I might not have chosen myself. Plus it’s a great excuse to host a dinner party, or make a romantic meal for your significant other. I’d recommend for your foodie friend!
- Rupen’s Saag Summer Sauce – Shop Made In D.C.
- 8 Myle’s Mango Magic – Shop Made In D.C.
- Scone Mix – Shop Made In D.C.
- Wood Wala Serving Block – Shop Made In D.C.
- The Neighborgoods Dish Towel – Shop Made In D.C.
- Boy Smells Votive Candle in Kush – Ivy Wild
- Bawdy Butt Sheet Mask – Shake It –Ivy Wild: I didn’t know butt sheet masks existed (insert cry-laugh emoji here), but I’d be both amused and delighted to receive one! Hilarious and practical gift for your significant other or a lady friend in your life, single or taken!
- Maude Organic Lubricant Oil – Ivy Wild
For the female identifying person in your life!
- Have Fun Bag – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Shears – Cherry Blossom Creative
- “Girl, Woman, Other” by Bernardine Evaristo – Kramer Books
- “We Are Artists” by Kari Herbert – National Gallery of Art
- “Power To The Princess” by Vita Murrow – National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Outdoor Voices Nalgene Bottle – Outdoor Voices
- Hugh & Crye Flannel – Shop Made In D.C.
- Chris Bergman Pin – Shop Made In D.C.
- Toiletry Bag – Shop Made In D.C.
- RBG Print – Steadfast Supply
Im-peach-mint? We will drink to that!
- Martini Print – Marcella Kreibel
- Let’s Impeach Card – Miss Pixie’s
- “The Waldorf Astoria Bar Book” by Frank Caiafa – Salt & Sundry
- Coasters – Salt & Sundry
- “Coconut” by Ben Mims – Salt & Sundry
- Picardie Blue Tumbler – Salt & Sundry
- Hand Tray – Salt & Sundry
- Canned Sauvignon Blanc – Saturday Session
- Gold Bracelet – Steadfast Supply
- Fuzzy Bracelet – Steadfast Supply
The true goal is to wake up and think WWRBG do? And the answer is
- Cat Tarot – Kramer Books
- Peacock Hat – National Gallery Of Art
- Floral Gloves – National Gallery Of Art
- Wool Gloves – National Gallery Of Art
- Advent Calendar – National Gallery Of Art
- RBG Sticker – National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Aloha Pineapple Pitcher – Salt & Sundry
- Handwoven Rwandan Basket – Salt & Sundry
- Scarf – Salt & Sundry
Gift guide time is truly the most wonderful time of the year! At the end we all grabbed our favorite items- and here’s what we are currently coveting.
- Feeling Feelings card – Cherry Blossom Creative
- You’re Killing It card – Cherry Blossom Creative
- “Upstart!” Gestalten – Cherry Blossom Creative
- Black Inked Mug – Kuzeh Pottery
- Lincoln Earrings – President Lincoln’s Cottage
- Warm Down Velour Suit – lululemon
- D.A.R.E Sweatshirt – National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Pink Cup – Miss Pixie’s
- Jewelry – Salt & Sundry
THIS GUIDE WAS PRODUCED BY:
Producer: Marissa Rubenstein
Sourcing: Sarah Jacobs, Tom Hausman
Photography: Clarissa Villondo
Styling, emotional and creative assistance, and hand models: Jenn Tisdale, Kaylee Dugan, Nina Fomufod, Chazmen McCarter, and Vikram Lakshmanan
Many thanks to lululemon for letting us use your space for our photoshoot, and just generally being forever amazing partners.