In honor of the potentially life changing news that BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD might be returning to television/internet with 30 new episodes……..
- Tigersapien is going to be melting faces off at DC9 with Machinedrum and Erogenous Jonez
- If I told my mother that I was going to see “Nuh Uh with Phil Real, Bloodmobile, Alvin Risk and Safe Sex at Velvet Lounge” I feel like she would start crying.
- Watch Metalocolypse and get drunk someplace other than your basement thanks to Lil Miss Whiskey’s.
- Skip work, get a tube, score some nachos and a camel back full of Jack Daniels then book it to Harper’s Ferry for a cruise on the lazy river.
- Celebrate violence and freedom at the Alliance Francaise’s Bastille Day fete.
- David Johansen aka front man of the NY Dolls aka Buster Pointdexter will probably be saggy yet sexy at Jammin’ Java.
- Your new favorite D.C. band Ravenous plays at Velvet Lounge with Troll Tax and Procedure Club
- I wonder where the gays are going to be….. perhaps at the Madonna vs. Gaga vs. MIA dance party at 930 Club?
- Black Cat hosts the 5th Annual J-Dilla benefit concert
- If you want to talk about viruses, planets, and the Gaia Hypothesis DRUNK head over to Nerd Nite at DC9
- Gavin Holland saves orphan kittens, Steve Starks looks like a beautiful gigolo, and Nacey makes the most danceable remixes in town… which means there’s a man for everyone at U St Music Hall for Nouveau Riche.
- No matter what you do tonight, make sure you find a designated driver to take you late night to Paradox in Baltimore for Ultra Nate’s Deep Sugar, this month Deep Sugar doubles as Chris Burns’ EP release party for “Third Degree” with DJs Teddy Douglas and Soulgiver.
Where are you going to watch the World Cup Finals?
- Well… you could watch it on one of six huge screens at the Beacon Hotel rooftop after which you can either dance your pain away or revel in victory to the sounds of Runaway, Beautiful Swimmers and Harry Dixon.
- Or if you don’t care, sit at home and watch Beavis & Butthead all day long