This week’s BEST WEEKEND BETS is, as always, hand selected from BYT ALL CITY and calibrated for maximum fun and minimum stress, and will be punctuated by images of Margot Kidder as Lois Lane a little bit because we’re doing a Newseum party or maybe just because we can, and she was the best.
- Start the night out all classy at Phillips after 5 (this time around co-hosted by The New Republic)
- Tittsworth, Stereofaith and Dmerit celebrate WIll Eastman’s birthday at a very special edition of Blisspop and “blue light” drink specials
- Chris Burns and Gavin Holland whisk you away to Narnia (The Reserve on L Street actually)
- Oh great! It’s time for the Bi-annual TPS Report Managers Meeting at Arlington Drafthouse- if you don’t get the reference don’t bother going.
- Fun. Steel Train and The Postelles play the 930 club
- Come join us at our news and booze soaked holiday fete: ALL ACCESS HOLIDAY PARTY at the Newseum. We’ll have Autorock, Smudge, pocket gay elves, photobooths, and tons of sloppy people to drag under the mistletoe.
- Ultra Nate, Lisa Moody, and Jerome Hicks dish up some deep house for Deep Sugar at Uhall
- Stranger Than Paradise brings Til Von Sein to the 411 Loft.
- Gentiles, get your locally grown Christmas trees at St. Ex and help out the kids at John W. Ross Elementary School.
- Megababes Warpaint play the Rock & Roll Hotel w/ Rewards and Family Band
- The Antlers, always good live- are @ The Black Cat
- The campiest and sexiest variety show returns! It’s time to for Crack’s Holiday Show: BUDDHAKWANZARAMFESTIVUSXMAHANASOLSTICE, at Town.
- U Hall hosts Dimitri from Paris
- Reggae Soul power movement SEE-I sets up shop at Artisphere
- The NY Night Train pulls into Comet Ping Pong for the Soul Clap Dance off- feturing cash prizes, celebrity MCs and judges.
- Enjoy some family friendly fun at the Annual Georgetown Holiday Merriment street festival
- A bunch of solid indie rock shows: Chief are @ RNR Hotel, Stornoway, 4AD’s latest hopes are @ Black Cat, and soul turntableism (whatever that is) of BelleRuche hits U Hall (closing out a super solid packed weekend at the venue)
- Or, grab some whiskey and check out some Irish movies
NOW – TELL US WHAT WE MISSED. Have a super weekend in the meantime….