This week’s BEST WEEKEND BETS is, as always, hand selected from BYT ALL CITY and calibrated for maximum fun and minimum stress, and will be punctuated by images from random tumblrs we spent too much time on this week because, well, we can.
Before we do anything though, lets help DC9 re-open.It’s as easy as sending an email with:
Subject: I feel safe at DC9
Send to ABC board and council members
OK-OFF WE GO NOW.
Let’s all just have a super weekend
- Join BYT at the Madewell Opening: Get 15% off all jeans,* enjoy cocktails by Kat Bangs, DJ tunes by BROADS and take-home snaps from our vintage photo booth. Plus, demos by knitting artisans Wool and the Gang.
- Watch the lead singer of Earl Greyhound be a total badass at the Black Cat.
- Worship local heroes at the newly opened Red Palace with The Globes and Spirit Animal.
- Party to benefit GIRLS ROCK at U ST Music Hall with DJs Natty Boom and Vanniety Kill’s All Girl Everything Happy Hour.
- The Red Palace hosts Nerd Nite! Topics include: the carbon market, diarrhea, and DC tap water.
- Canyons reunites to play the Black Cat with Vandaveer, The Deadmen, John Bustine and Brandon Butler
- Maceo Parker and Karl Denson lead the soul revival at 9:30 Club.
- It’s your last chance to get blackout at the 411 Warehouse with Wild North crew until 2011!
- SULU DC, the underground Asian American/Pacific Islanders cultural network, celebrate their 1 year anniversary with a blow out at Artisphere.
- Funny people from Chelsea Lately make you laugh with their biting social/celebrity commentary @ Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse
- Crush pizza and rock out to The Invisible Hand and the Caribbean at Comet Ping Pong.
- Get steamy on the dancefloor with a stranger or loved one at LIV for Fatback
- Chuck Brown blows the roof off the 9:30 club.
- Seeing Joanna Newsom is totally worth the trip up to Rams Head Live
- Sunday Circus returns to The Fridge
- Before Swell Season, there were the FRAMES, and they’re @ 930 club tonight, making you want to hold someone’s hand pretty tight
- ALSO-taking naps is underrated
- We’re doing our FIRST EVER BYT ALL CITY HAPPY HOUR @ THE RED PALACE on Monday. No cover, 4 dollar Smirnoff drink specials, Sean Peoples DJing, billions of door prizes (including Scott Pilgrim DVDs, awesome CDs from your favorite labels) and giveaways every 10 minutes (including dozens of December shows at your favorite venues, preview passes to DARK SWAN and more). SEE YOU THERE.