We are dedicating this week’s Best Weekend Bets-Labor Day edition to celebrity couples circa late 80s/early 90s because lets face it -they don’t make them like they used to.
And remember: no matter what, if you don’t like our picks BYT ALL CITY HAS PLENTY OF OTHER OPTIONS
- The #1 thing you need to know is that Kele from The Bloc Party cancelled his 930 club show.
- #2 thing you need to know is that it doesn’t matter because there is plenty of awesome other stuff to do. Namely:
- For a night of complete hedonism go to Gibson’s Haymarket Riot Labor Day social: $75 gets you all you can eat, and most importantly, all you can drink. Money well spent.
- For a night of supporting assorted Arts after Dark: Arts of the Americas and Pinkline hosting a big party. EXACTLY will be there, Smudge too, drinks, good times, video installations etc….
- For a night of drinking and vibrator victoriana stop by Woolly Mammoth’s Girls’ Night Out, have a cocktail or two and see their new play “In the next room or The Vibrator Play”
- And….April Smith and the Great Picture show are at DC9 doing their adorable folky with a twist thing
- Looking for a solid but not-annoying happy hour to kick your weekend off with? Check out our BYT Happy Hour Guide
- Bill and Shea charm so sleazed-out snakes at The Green Lantern’s RAW– the grimiest night in the District
- Sam “The Man” Burns and Chris Burns go head-to-head at U St Music Hall to see who can get deepest.
- Hot Hot Heat brings you back to 2007 at Rock & Roll Hotel.
- It is the last summer camp of the season, dammit. 15 bucks get you in, gets you a drink ticket, gets you music, good times and a chance to ride on whatever amazing water slide we get this week. + Since this is the week BYT SELLS OUT, expect random schwag and a cornucopia of subtle and no so subtle messages to end your summer with. Seriously-don’t miss it.
- Afterwards stop by BLACK CAT’s Anniversary party to show your appreciation
- Andy Butler of Hercules and Love Affair is DJing @ U Street Music Hall
- and Future Islands bring their extra intense live show to The Cherch
- today is the day you TRULY realize that tomorrow is your day off so make the most of it by attending not one, not two, not three but 8500 Labor Day Parties, BBQs etc on offer.
- Our Picks include:
- Jimmy Valentine’s NO LABOR ALL PLAY Labor Day party (starts at 5) which features US Royalty DJ sets, frolic and more
- The PBR-BQ @ Solly’s (starts at noon) feat. free BBQ (while it lasts), cheap PBRs, games etc
- The Cruel Summer disco extravaganza @ Beacon (starts at 4pm) feat. Beautiful swimmer, Chris Burns, Harry Dixon, the works
- and closing it out at RNR’s hotel nighttime bashement
- You’re hungover, you’re broken, you hate life – well, watching the “Life and Times of Alan Ginsberg” @ National Gallery of Art may make you feel better about your own addicitions. Maybe.
- Then get in touch with your inner college sophmore by downloading some jams that our interns are obsessed with.
- Marina and The Diamonds is at 930 Club. Should be so cute and weird and all sorts of other stuff we recommend.