The weekend is young, and, rumor has it, so are you. Yes, even you. Here is what we thing you should do about it (+inspirational hot weather music)
And remember-there is so much more at BYTALLCITY
Thursday (Svetlana’s Picks)
Offers up a surprisingly strong show showing, with a little something for everyone:
- Konono No. 1 bring their super class act to the Black Cat
- Deer Tick and Wye Oak are at RNR Hotel making you feel like a good, if moody American
- Pimps of Joytime are at DC9 (check out our listening party with them here)
- and Medications/Deleted Scenes and Hume do an all local, all good, all early show at U Street Music Hall
- Undercult @ Gibson Guitar showroom
Movie fans can pick between:
- Valley of the Dolls @ Atlas Performing Art Center (HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE MOVIE-which I own)
- The Caddyshack Dive-In Movie at Capitol Skyline Hotel (HILARIOUS, HILARIOUS MOVIE-which I own). Hope they hand out babe ruth bars at the door as party favors.
For those looking to dance AND late night eat:
- Nacho Lovers (yes, with free nachos) @ U street Music Hall
Inspirational song of the sunshiny variety of the day:
(bonus: download it here)
Friday (Cale’s Picks)
- Seriously, if you haven’t seen it yet, check out One Man Lord of the Rings at Woolly Mammoth Theater.
- The always popular and always packed Hirshhorn After Hours party makes you feel like you’re doing something cultural when you’re really just getting drunk at a super sweet outdoor space. This time it’s gonna be totally gay with BYT favs DJ Matt Bailer and Shea Van Horn and a premier of a digital short featuring Shea’s alter-ego Summer Camp with original music by Bluebrain. It’s like a BYT lightning bolt just exploded in my pants.
- But wait, there’s more, if sexy boys scare you, then head to Jimmy Valentines for the premiere of BROADS, the new DJ night hosted by BYT’s own Libby. Expect some really great music DJ’d very very unprofessionally and all the ladies drunk by 10pm. Once again, lightning bolts in the pants.
- And if none of that sounds like your thing, then head over to the Rock & Roll Hotel where everyone and their mom are DJing and there are some open bar ticket specials for their Summer’s Eve Party.
Inspirational video of the sunshiny variety of the day:
Saturday (Libby’s Picks)
- Pick up your friend Cid and head over to The Altas Perfomaning Arts Center for their Gen-X film series screening of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.
- HEALTH, my favorite pretentious L.A. stoner noise rock band (each member with an 18 year-old girlfriend featured in their videos), play the Rock and Roll Hotel with Yip Yip and True Womanhood.
- The Embassy of Finland and the Textile museum get hip with their textile performance event presented by INTERWOVEN.
- Chris Burns, DJ Freddie Prinze Jr and DJ Macaulay Culkin are taking over a dilapidated Fox Hall house aka FUN HAUS PALACE for the first ever after hours installment of Deep Inside
Inspirational video of the sunshiny variety of the day:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHI1H5Vjz_k
Sunday (Svetlana again)
The summer is in full swing and hotter than got. Here is what I recommend:
- Go to the Beacon rooftop early on
- Then according to your movie taste (we won’t judge) check out either the African Diaspora Film Festival @ National Geographic or Gremlins @ National Harbor
- Making it home in time for dinner and your summer dose of misogyny with the season premiere of Mad Men (Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse is also having a premiere party)
- and maybe ending up at the Eric Hilton’s Babylon Central premiere party @ ESL (first 25 people at the event get the movie for free)
Inspirational Video of the Sunshiny variety of the day:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phop741MCIU