Listen you guys, we just spent something like 85 months building our awesome new event calendar
(many thanks to our partners in this experience: IMP, 930 Club, Black Cat, RNR Hotel, U Street Music Hall, Live Nation, CORCORAN, DC9, Red’n’Black, Jimmy Valentine’s and Little Miss Whiskey’s ALL OF WHOM have handy, drop down menus with their upcoming schedules ON THE HOME PAGE)
and and it was rough (only the strongest interns survived) we want you all to use it and abuse it. It is the one place in this whole city WHERE YOU CAN, according to your taste and interests, tailor make your schedule for the week/end.
So, instead of traditional best weekend bets I am going to walk you through what planning your weekend with it would be like.
Clicking on Thursday and then ANY of the categories below shows you that:
- If you’re interested in comedy/music and a “byt recommended event”-Family Hemerlein is obviously the way to go
- If you’re looking for a music/party experience, Dieselboy @ U Hall will pop up
- If you are into art- check out the Exquisite Corpse opening @ Civilian art projects or for festivals – Smithsonian Folk Life Festival opens today and so on and so forth.
Easy and fun, right?
Start by Clicking on Friday and deciding that you want to see art:
- Jeffry Cudlin’s much hyped show opens @ Flashpoint (and where there is hype there is BYT, so keep an eye out on our feature with him tomorrow)
- Plus, EN VOGUE are at Birchmere
- WAVVES IS AT RNR HOTEL (with the always quality and free Distract upstairs)
- and there is a “We Are Family Benefit” at St. Stephen’s church
Email all your friends with all your plans.
- DON’T FORGET ABOUT FREE SUMMER SATURDAYS @ CORCORAN
- Swim Meet returns for the 2nd time with Chris Burns and DURKL holding daytime court at the Embassy Row Hilton
- Bike Prom promises to be promising at the Black Cat (with the last EVER Peppermint happening backstage)
- BLISS is like stepping into Will Eastman’s house, if his house had the best sound system in town
- and PHISH is at Merriweather. Should be hot and sticky
A Surprisingly solid day (providing your soul has not melted over the weekend)
- Kick things off by supporting WORN Magazine
- catch some SILVERDOCS (their full schedule is available DAY BY DAY IN THE ALL CITY CALENDAR UNDER “FILM”)
- See Courtney Love (barely) live @ 930 Club (we saw her at SXSW and it was, well, special)
- and then go dance to MEN @ RNR Hotel or check out the new Sunday night indie rock series @ U Hall with Title tracks and Points
NOW-TELL US WHAT WE MISSED