As you guys are probably aware, 2013 is officially at its last legs (looking for a place to celebrate? LOOK NO FURTHER) and as such, we did spend some quality time reflecting on the previous 12 months in all out magical categories. So, here it is, in one handy place, all our end of year lists, for you to peruse and abuse, at airports, while hiding from your parents, in between meals and during them too. We have music, film, style, food, comedy – all covered.
Lets dig in:
- 2013 Movie Superlatives (including the best Britney Spears singalong of the year and the crowning of the person who finally killed the manic pixie girl, once and for all)
- AND we also picked the best dressed movies of 2013
- and in the TV corner we discussed TOP 10 TV SHOWS ON OR NEAR THEIR LAST LEGS.
- PRETTY: You may not have bought a physical CD in years, but this album art packaging round up of gorgeous album art by John Foster may change that.
- UGLY: You may not have bought a physical CD in years and this album art packaging round-up of horrible album art is not helping. Fair warning, there are boobs everywhere.
- Our Favorite Bands of 2013 reviewed the musical 2013 for you – in lieu of us just going on and on about what WE LIKED we asked the likes of Au Revoir Simone, Gems, J.Roddy, Carmen Villain, Spirit Animal, The Mynabirds, Avan Lava and more to recap the musical 2013 for you. Great read.
- and then our music team told you WHICH BANDS TO WATCH OUT FOR IN 2014. Putting all of these on your holiday playlist is basically the smartest thing you can do for your ipod right now. Included but not limited to: Temples, Museum of Love, Betty Who, Broods, Disclosure and more.
- we discussed THE MOST OVERRATED AND UNDERRATE POP SONGS OF 2013 -from the rhyming skills of Paramore to the enduring appeal of Pitbull and subversive pop-country, we leave no stone unturned when it comes to why the hits this year were worth it OR NOT WORTH IT AT ALL.
- Rec Room Therapy shared their Albums of the Year. Yeezus season approaching.
- DC Food Writers Wrap Up the best of 2013 for you – some of our favorite professional eaters in DC (who also happen to write for Washingtonian, City Paper, Washington Post and beyond) talk to us about best and worst meals they had in 2013, restaurant openings they’re looking for, best dishes of the year and bars they couldn’t live without, among other things. Consider this the ultimate cheat sheet in terms of navigating the DC food universe.
- We asked both our favorite DC STYLE WRITERS and NYC STYLE BLOGGERS to recap the 2013 year in fashion for you. From best and worst trends, to amazing shopping inspiration to things to get excited for in 2014, these ladies have you covered.
- and basically told you to never ever ever wear camo again (+ some other trends we hope to NEVER EVER SEE AFTER 2013)
- The Chillest Moves of 2013
- We asked some of our favorite comedy people (TIG NOTARO! T.J. MILLER! REGGIE WATTS! JIM NORTON!) why 2013 was funny. It’s funny.
and that’s it from us for now. feel free to start throwing comment flames at any and all selections included.