all photos: Stephanie Breijo
Over here at BYT, we take your drinking seriously. If you’re doing it, you may as well be doing it right. Well, this month, in anticipation of RAMMY’s, the 5 restaurants nominated for the “BEST BEVERAGE/MIXOLOGY” program are making some of your decisions easy, with an added bonus: if you come into one of the restaurants and order the signature drink and then post a post a photo of it The RAMMYS Facebook page (www.facebook.com/TheRAMMYS), you enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the big awards gala on June 23rd (and trust us-you want to go to the gala)
This year, the nominated programs in this category are a bunch of tried and tested BYT favorites: BOURBON STEAK, ROOM 11, EatGoodFoodGroup (ie PX / Restaurant Eve etc), RASIKA and CHURCHKEY/BIRCH& BARLEY. The good news is that RAMW hosted an event for us to try all of them so we could inform you of what to expect at each place, and Stephanie and I, naturally, went. In the name of research (the fact that it was held at the donut/chicken wonderland that is GBD definitely helped).
Ok, now onto the drinks for this May 20-June 20th promotion:
- BOURBON STEAK is serving up YARD STYLE, which sounds like it should be rum drink with fresh lemon, ginger, pineapple and mint but is actually a Maker’s Mark joint, and that makes us love is all the more.
- RASIKA decided to make a way better dark and stormy for the occasion. In it: Green Chartreuse, Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, fresh lime and ginger syrup.
- CHURCHKEY/BIRCH & BARLEY are stepping the game up and serving two drinks during the RAMMY promotion: a cocktail and a locally brewed saison beer. The cocktail is a delicious, Plymouth gin based, Campari improved, refreshing concoction named GIALLO and the beer is a sneak peak into their soon-to-open BlueJacket brewery, a Vespula Mysticus Saison, done in collaboration with Mystic Brewing Co.
- ROOM 11 is the dessert drink of choice here, a more sophisticated White Russian, if you must categorize it somewhere. It combines Ciroc vodka with Bittermen’s New Orleans Coffee Liqueur, chocolate milk, house made coffee bitters and sea salt.
- and EATGOODFOOD Group is U2 inspired with a vodka, mint syrup and ginger beer cocktail called “The Sweetest Thing”
really no way to go wrong with any of them. Drink porn photos below:
plus, here is some golden delicious GBD food porn at the end, to sop up all those alcohol (photos):