Photos by Nicholas Karlin, Franz Mahr, Clarissa Villondo and Jeff Martin /// illustrations by Dana Jeri Maier
While we, ourselves, are diving right into our TRUE CRIME FESTIVAL which is this weekend (what an emotional rollercoaster! We hope you join us), we’ll let you enjoy the photos below (backstage, sidestage, after-stage and whatnot snaps are included) in no particular order, because it WAS all a blur of laughter and love (AND REMINDERS TO VOTE!) but first some quick notes:
- Thank you all for coming!!!! This was our biggest Bentzen Ball ever!
- Thank you to all our amazing talent – the roster ran 50 deep this year and all of you were worth your weight in gold).
- Thank you to Lincoln Theatre, Kennedy Center, W Hotel DC, Eaton DC, Creative Mornings for partnering with us on amazing programming and hosting it in your beautiful spaces.
- Thank you to all our special guests, especially Mara Keisling from the National Center for Trans Equality and Leader Nancy Pelosi. PLEASE VOTE! YOU MUST VOTE!
- Thank you to Human Rights Watch and Whitman-Walker for being our non-profit partners and for everything you do.
- Thank you to The Lily / Washington Post for being our media partner and keeping the Bentzen Ball dream alive! Check out their Bentzen content
- Thank you to Lyft for getting us around town / sponsoring our dreamy Antoni brunch and fundraising for Whitman-Walker! MAKING DREAMS AND SAFE RIDES COME THROUGH ALL AROUND!
- Thank you to Smirnoff for being the official cocktail partner of the Bentzen Ball! You’re keeping us going on the daily.
- Thank you to W Hotel DC and Eaton for keeping us well rested and inspiring us always.
- Thank you to Stitcher for being our favorite podcast platform forever. Stay tuned for episodes of Getting Curious released on their platforms!
- Thank you to Ivy Wild Beauty for making us even more beautiful then we were before.
- Thanks to Kramerbooks, Sweetgreen, Girls Night In, Outdoor Voices and OM Digital for being lovely and supporting the festival.
- Follow us on follow us on FACEBOOK / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM and use #BentzenBall and #BYThings ALL THE TIME.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you forever.