all photos: Nicholas Karlin, Clarissa Villondo, Jeff Martin
Bentzen Ball kicked off last night with a very sold out Most Very Specialist Evening with Tig Notaro, Aparna Nancherla, and Lizzy Cooperman. Church Night BLESSED the festival before it all began so, of course, it was goddamn magical.
We’ll let you enjoy the photos below (backstage, sidestage, after-stage and whatnot snaps are included) but first some quick notes:
- Thank you all for coming!!!!
- You should all come ALL THE OTHER NIGHTS TOO (trust us, you don’t want to miss all the magic).
- BONUS FOR SATURDAY: our Your Spicy Place – a Halloween / Election Nightmare Comedy Show featuring TJ Miller, Emo Phillips, Wham City, Church Night AND MORE @ Lincoln Theatre, is FREE thanks to the generosity of our friends at Nando’s PERi-PERi with code COOLPEOPLE. USE IT.
- Thank you to all our amazing talent last night: Tig Notaro (officially DC’s comedy BFF), Aparna Nancherla, and Lizzy Cooperman.
- Thank you to Rock the Vote for being our non-profit partner and for everything you do, especially this year. GO VOTE.
- Thank you to Heineken for presenting all our Lincoln shows and keeping the Bentzen Ball dream alive with us for three years now (don’t forget there are Heineken happy hours at Public Bar and Hawthorne before the shows)
- Thank you to Lyft and W Hotel DC for sponsoring the festival and keeping us well fed, well rested and for motoring us around. If you are signing up for Lyft, use the code BYT this weekend and get 10
- Thanks to Whole Foods, Ben & Jerry’s, Wigle Whiskey, Health-Ade Kombucha, Confluence Coffee Co., Herbivore Botanicles, and Kramerbooks for being lovely and supporting the festival.
- Follow us on follow us on FACEBOOK / TWITTER / INSTAGRAM and use #BentzenBall and #BYThings ALL THE TIME.
- Thank you thank you thank you forever.
first up, some fun backstage portraits by Nicholas:
Photos by Clarissa Villondo
Photos by Jeff Martin
After party photos by Nicholas Karlin
After party photos by Clarissa Villondo