Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
- America’s best record label, Numero Group, sets up shop for a one-day pop-up shop at Bossa Bistro + Lounge. I will give them my money without regret. Dischord Records will be there too. You like them. You’re reading this so I know you like them.
- We’ll be at the Shaw Main Streets Gala 2017 ‘A Taste of Shaw’ at Howard Theatre. Fun fact: Shaw is a neighborhood in Washington, D.C. with multiple restaurants and bars that people enjoy frequenting!
- D.C.’s longest running film festival continues. Tonight’s Filmfest DC pick is All Governments Lie: Truth, Deception, and the Spirit of I.F. Stone at E Street Cinema.
- The American History Museum celebrates Ella Fitzgerald’s 100th birthday.
- Can I Kick It? takes over Songbyrd. This week they’re screening Ong Bak 2.
- Panama Wedding is at Rock & Roll Hotel.
- Former member of Guided By Voices’ Tobin Sprout is at DC9.
If none of these options float your boat, check out our AGENDA for more ideas (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)