Washington D.C. is a pretty great place to bike in. And it is about to get even greater. This AM, the news hit that on May 22nd, our city will be hosting the first annual DC Bike Ride and there are PLENTY of reasons to be excited for. Like:
- 17 Miles of car free streets. Yes, they’re closing the roads.
- And not just any streets: ride past everything from the Washington Monument and the Pentagon to the White House and the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts.
- Great people: the first annual DC Bike Ride expects about 8,000 participants.
- Great finish festival: details are still to-be-announced but it all ends in a huge post-ride party in front of the United States Capital. Food, music, drinks, the works.
- Great cause: Proceeds from DCBR will benefit WABA in their efforts to deliver meaningful street safety programs in support of D.C’s Vision Zero Campaign. Learn more about the cause here.
Sounds pretty magical, right?
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.
(price WILL go up on March 1st)
BYT is one of the official media partners, so we’re counting on seeing you there!