***Tickets to our LoC Disco party with Gloria Gaynor are SOLD OUT. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay in the loop for more info.***
Save all these dates!
We could not be more excited to partner with The Library of Congress on Bibliodiscotheque from April 12-May 6th, an exploration of disco culture, music, dance and fashion represented in the national collections.
The programming (full list here and below) is all free and open to public. Registration opens to public on 3/30 at 10 a.m.
The cherry on top of the disco sundae will be a late night disco dance party on May 6th presented as a collaboration between the library, BYT, The Recording Academy, and the District of Columbia Library Association with Gloria Gaynor and her band LIVE in the Great Hall of the Thomas Jefferson Building, DJ Mike Simonetti (Italians Do It Better), open bar provided by our friends at SKYY vodka and more. Experience the Library of Congress like never before.
FULL PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE FOR BIBLIODISCOTHEQUE:
- 4/12 – Screening of 54
- 4/14 – Screening of Secret Disco Revolution – Donna Summer
- 4/15 – Queer As Folk Marathon
- 4/19 – Screening of Pump Up the Volume
- 4/27 – 40th Anniversary Screening of Saturday Night Fever
- 4/28 – Screening of You Got Served
- 4/29 – Screening of Celia The Queen of Havana Nights
- 5/5 – Screening of House Party
TALKS AND LECTURES:
- 5/2 – Interview w/ Tim Gunn
- 5/3 – ABBA Disco’s Influence on European Dance Music
- 5/4 – Martin Scherzinger on The Mathematics of African Dance Rhythms
- 5/5 – Music & Veterans Panel
- 5/6 – Symposium feat. Bill Bernstein, Robin Roberts and Gloria Gaynor
- 5/6 – Bibliodiscotheque Library of Congress After Hours feat. Gloria Gaynor Live, Mike Simonetti and more.
The programming is all free and open to public. Free registration opens to public on 3/30 at 10 a.m.
see you on the dancefloor: