HAPPY HOLIDAYS! It is all happening as we speak. Whether you’re spending them with your family, friends, friends of your family or you know, in some alternative scenario-WE HAVE YOUR HOLIDAY CRUNCH COVERED WITH ALL THIS:
LAST MIN SHOPPING?
- Doing some last min holiday shopping this weekend? DON’T GO ANYWHERE without our GIFT GUIDE, it is filled with useful tips for the hardest-person-to-shop-for you know.
- SIDE GIFTING NOTES: check out our holiday market and pop-up guide too and join our VIPERS PROGRAM (or gift it to someone), we’re giving away presents out of the wazooo for days on end. Our 2012 and 2011 gift guides are pretty aces too still.
- HOLIDAY MUSIC FOR ANY OCCASION. For Fans of Mariah and psychedelic drugs!
- We asked some of our favorite DC barkeeps to make us the perfect holiday punch. ALL RECIPES AND MOUTHWATERING SNAPS HERE:
- Looking for some PLACE SETTING Inspiration? We asked some of the most creative, tasteful people we know what they’d do and they told us/showed us. THIS IS PINTEREST GOLD, we promise.
- For more hostess inspirations, check out our great hostess tips guide with assorted party pros we love around town – We kicked off our series with photographer Kate Warren and artist Martin Swift, who taught us how to dress our best for the holidays with the wardrobe you already own. We then brought you the secrets to holiday brunching from Nycci Nellis, publisher and radio host, while Washington Post Express editor Holley Simmons walked us through a festive cocoa party. Plus, lifestyle and food blogger Nikki Rappaport of Cupcakes for Breakfast fame lets us in on some quick tips for throwing (and attending) a no-stress fête and Kristin Guiter on vintage holiday BLISS)
- If you’re having a holiday meal at a restaurant and holiday drinks at a bar, make sure they are THE BEST BARS AND RESTAURANTS YOU CAN HAVE MEALS AND DRINKS IN. We asked some professionals to weigh in, so we have you covered.
- Also, the NUTCRACKER. You have to see the NUTCRACKER AT LEAST ONCE every holiday, right? We went behind the scenes with Washington Ballet to show you how the magic comes together.
- there are HOLIDAY MOVIES PLAYING ALL OVER THIS TOWN. Check out our handy guide here.
- Also, if you are maybe in the mood for something a little different, check out our HOLIDAY HORROR MOVIE GUIDE (BONUS: if you’re in town on Christmas eve, Little Miss Whiskeys is hosting a NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS horror movie viewing night with no cover, scary festive drink specials AND PRIZES)
- and, oh yeah, DON’T FORGET – NYE is right around the corner.
And stay in touch: