Waking up on Mondays is officially pretty damn hard, if you ask us (no one is asking us, we all know this is the truth). So, welcome to this particular Monday where we, again, try our best to get jazzed for something. Maybe.
Because we can’t change the world, below, a brief list of things we are actually kind of excited to do this week, aside from the forever inspiring @BRIGHTESTYOUNGTHINGS livestreams happening on instagram:
- Happy International Museum Day! Remember how amazing museums are and how we miss going to them? Well to celebrate this holiday: we are partnering with 10 of our favorite museums to bring you a day of education, inspiration and more. From National Gallery of Art to National Geographic, from Air and Space Museum to Leslie Lohman Museum of Art, there is a little something for everyone. Click here for the full schedule and details and see you at @brightestyoungthings instagram from 10am to 7pm today. P.S. If you miss any of the segments, they will stay live on our account for the next 24 hours so you can revisit them this evening or…. Trust us, art can help.
- Netflix is premiering this floral competition show this week and it may be the most genius idea they had all quarantine: thing Great British Bake-Off but with floral sculptures. Doctors should be prescribing this.
- Lets keep the flower thing going: gift yourself ON FLOWERS (2019) by AMY MERRICK. Nothing is more soothing than flower arranging. It is, quite possibly, the cure for everything. Never mind the drugs, pass the flowers. This selection of “lessons from and accidental florist” is gorgeous, meditative, healing, and will make you, literally, stop whatever stressful thing you’re doing) and smell the roses (and peonys, and tulips, and…). (BONUS: this whole reading list is pretty helpful)
- Flowers aside, meal planning has been also very relaxing. To add extra layers to your burgeoning kitchen OCD a few links: on pantry spreadsheets and on how to use ALL THOSE kitchen scraps.
- Also, this weekend is Memorial Day weekend. Treat yourself to a perfect, home made pina colada:
- Headspace is now free if you are unemployed. Meditation is, trust us, often THE answer.
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.