Waking up on Mondays is becoming pretty damn hard, if you ask us (no one is asking us, we all know this is the truth).
Because we can’t change the world, below, a brief list of things we are actually kind of excited to do this week, aside from the ever lovely BYT livestream round up:
- Happy 4/20! Celebrate by looking like a stoner slacker all day (oh, wait, we have all already been doing that for a month now) and also watching Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg make brownies. Mashed potatoes too.
- BONUS for the previous bullet point: Celebrity Chef brownie recipes, ranked.
- Also: tie-dye some stuff. Because of 4/20 and also, just because. Maybe have a Weird Al dance party (we promise, it is good for the soul)while you’re doing it too:
- Setting a countdown clock till when Mindy Kaling’s NEVER HAVE I EVER premieres on Netflix.
- Watching all the movies on this list Nancy Myers (the queen of making comforting movies) made of comforting movies (not made by her).
- What pairs well with that list? Wearing a sheet mask EVERY DAY. Learn from the pros.
- Scoring some local economy supporting, yet, super stylish face masks. It is legitimately the only thing one can justify shopping for right now.
BONUS TO THE BONUS:
- This streaming list.
- Spring is here. Lets go outside (SAFELY). Get inspired by this series of “outside our window” illustrations by DC artists
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.