This is not a voting guide. This is a roundup of all of the food, drink, music, party, whatever specials on November 8, 2016 in and around Washington, D.C. The next leader of the free world will be chosen. You may need a drink.
Before you plan your Tuesday evening, consider perusing our RNC and the DNC coverage. Relive our two weeks in Cleveland and Philadelphia.
July 20: BYT @ RNC: Over The Top
July 22: BYT @ RNC: I’m On A Boat
July 26: BYT @ DNC: You’re Being Ridiculous
July 28: BYT @ DNC: Obama 2016
And you want to feel really good, check out our 2008 election night photos.
That joy probably won’t be present this year. Alcohol will be available.
- Art & Soul – The Capitol Hill spot has created a selection of Swing State cocktails named in reference to battleground states. They put research into presidents born in those states, the state flower and motto before designing each drink including the It’s Legal from Nevada, and the George Washington from Virginia. All the Swing State cocktails are available for $10 on Election night.
- Bar Pilar- Bar Pilar is serving up special election themed foods to compliment their late night happy hour from 9 p.m. to close.
- Barrel –Barrel has created a pop-up bar within a bar called the Trump Elixir Bar. It’s got huge (huge) menus, life-size cut outs of Trump and wordy drink names taken from some choice Trump quotes including the “Part of the beauty of me is that I’m very rich,” which understandably runs for $50. UPDATE- As of 6:30 Sunday night the bar was closed because they ran out of ingredients, no word yet on if they’ll reopen on Monday or Tuesday.
— Emily Atkin (@emorwee) November 6, 2016
- Bastille – Bastille will be serving election themed cocktails including the #Crooked, Delusional Little Manhattan, and Live Free of Die Johnson among others. They will also give out free cake to anyone with an I Voted sticker. Aside from the maintenance of democracy, free cake is the greatest incentive to vote I’ve ever encountered.
- Benjamin Bar & Lounge @ Trump International – It should come as no surprise that the bar within Trump’s own hotel is very pro-Trump. The bar manager says he doesn’t plan on broadcasting it unless people want it, and I have a feeling people will want to watch. Drink in ultimate Trump style with Hungarian wines served on crystal spoons ranging in price from $15 to $140 per spoonful. They also probably serve drinks in glasses, but go big or go home, right?
- Bier Baron Tavern – Election Day Tapping with special beers including DC Brau’s On The Wings Of Armageddon and The Corruption, as well as 21st Amendment Fireside Chat.
- Big Chief – Drink up $3 PBR and $4 Yuengling while watching the results with the sound on, so you can hear all the fun political commentary.
- Blackfinn – Not only is Blackfinn conveniently located to the White House, but they also offer a free drink to the first 75 people who come watch results after RSVPing on Facebook. They also have food and drink specials all night long including $3 beer, $4 cocktails, and $5 taco and slider plates.
- Brookland’s Finest Bar & Kitchen – Drink your way through all of election day at Brookland’s Finest’s all day happy hour from 11 a.m. onward.
- Busboys & Poets – All of Busboys & Poets locations will be streaming the election and offering drinks specials in honor of the special day.
- Café Saint-Ex- Weather permitting, Saint-Ex is opening their patio for election night, setting up a big projector to watch results roll in and serving up warm drinks, and s’mores. So comforting.
- Capitol Lounge – After 8 p.m. the bar is opening up for an Election Night party that should have at least as much festivity as their debate parties which included candidate impersonators.
- The Caucus Room- All night happy hour prices at the Caucus Room until the bar closes, and if at least one person in your party wears their I Voted sticker you get 10% off the tab.
- ChurchKey – Skilled bartenders have developed cask-conditioned variants of Flying Dog’s The Truth beer and on election night guests get to sample those beers and vote, once again, for their favorite option. Or at least the one they feel the least nervous about.
- Commissary – Commissary is whipping out the big projector for Election Night so you can see all those little numbers clearly.
- The Dirty Goose – Really get your drink on at The Dirty Goose with $25 bottomless vodka from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. Your bottomless purchase also gets you bottomless fried pickles and crispy fries to soak up the vodka and feelings.
- El Camino- Election results rolling in on both TV’s and food and drink specials all night. Tacos for all!
- Espita Mezcaleria – They have crafted two Mexican inspired, election themed cocktails- The Apprentice and Madam Presidenta.
- Hay-Adams Off The Record- Some people like to hoard coasters, if you’re one of those, head to the Hay-Adams for some election themed drinks like the Kainehattan and Trump Sours, served on specially designed, commemorative, collectable coasters with political cartoons of the candidates.
- Jack Rose Dining Saloon- Jack Rose is offering you the chance to vote for something more than president on Election Day- the best brew from a special selection of 13 rare Allagash beers. You can also watch the results from the presidential election on their heated rooftop.
- Kangaroo Boxing Club – Kangaroo is offering deals on taco pairings, Tecate beer, and they’ve crafted up a Bad Hombre Cocktail. There has also been promise of a Trump piñata.
- Logan Tavern – A lot of bars have crafted special candidate themed drinks, and Logan Tavern is no different. Except they are because “The Donald” has a cotton candy toupee on it. As someone who doesn’t have the chance to go to state fairs, I’ll take cotton candy any chance I can get. Logan Tavern will of course be showing results on their projector.
- Looking Glass Lounge – All the screens in the Looking Glass Lounge will be fixed on the results (with sound) and if Hillary wins Texas everyone gets free whiskey shots. Even if she doesn’t you can be sure alcohol will abound.
- McClellan’s Retreat –McClellan’s Retreat is bringing out its television just for the election. They have a whole selection of Not Everyone Gets To Be A Winner cocktails named for past presidential failures, like Dole, Gore, and Adams 1800. They will also have happy hour pricing on certain drinks all night.
- Mellow Mushroom – If you check in on Facebook and Instagram you can get a free pint of beer for each. There will also be other beer specials throughout the night and trivia beginning at 8 p.m.
- Nanny O’Brien’s – Head over for the 6:30 pub quiz for the chance to win a $40 bar tab to burn through over the course of the night while you watch the results roll in.
- Nellie’s Sports Bar- Nellie’s is offering $15 buckets of Bud all night long for their election viewing party.
- The Oval Room– On offer at the Oval Room is a Clinton cocktail, the Madam President, and a Trump cocktail, Build That Wall, which are only around until election night.
- Penn Social- Watch the election on Penn Social’s 22 ft television screen while drinking happy hour specials from 4 p.m. through the first round of poll closings.
- Quill– The Jefferson’s Quill bar has crafted a drink for each candidate, the Holy Grail Mocktail for Trump, because he himself doesn’t drink, and the Any Rock Town Vodka for Clinton because she apparently likes Vodka and began her political career in Arkansas.
- Red Derby- Red Derby is offering a slew of Election related activities on election night, including contests for who can guess what time Ohio will be called, how many Republicans will win House seats in Virginia
- Sauf Haus Bier Hall- Wear your I Voted sticker to Sauf Haus for all night happy hour. They also serve 2 pound pretzels if you want to eat your feelings in a deliciously Bavarian way.
- Shaw’s Tavern – Shaw’s is offering 1/2 price pizza and burgers as well as $5 Sam Adams and $5 house wines from 5 p.m. on. They will also have all 11 televisions showing results, so you’re basically guaranteed a good view.
- Teddy & The Bully Bar – How appropriate to ring in the new president at a bar named for one of America’s biggest character presidents? From 8-10 p.m. specialty drinks include the Hillary’s Inbox and the Trump Tower are running for $11 each, in addition to $50 bottomless moscow mules and prosecco, if you want to be absolutely certain you don’t run out of alcohol. There are also candidate themed special snacks.
- Texas Jack’s Barbeque – Texas Jack’s has dubbed their election night watch party Tears and Beers, and they’re offering happy hour from 4 p.m. to close with various food and drink specials on offer.
- AMC Theatres – AMC is converting two of its theatres to election watching zones, one red and one blue (AMC Hoffman Center 22 is blue and AMC Mazza Gallerie 7 is red) so you can watch results roll in on the very big screen with your fellow democrats or republicans. Or you can go to the theater opposite your political affiliation and drive everyone insane. Your call.
- PredictIt! Election Night Party @ Aristotle HQ- The party will have 3 open bars, live music a photo-booth with candidate cutouts and a trading floor from 8 to 11 p.m.
- Election Night Party @ Baltimore Art Museum – From 7 to 10 p.m. you can make political posters and buttons, and listen to gallery talks about art and politics as well as a DJ.
- Anti-Trump Party @ El Rey – If you’re a Trump supporter, look elsewhere for you election night fun because El Rey’s event is going all in anti-Trump wise. They’ll have a game of pin the toupée on Trump, a cutout of the candidate with throwing darts, and $2 mini Coronas (good for small hands) beginning at 5 p.m.
- The Four Seasons Hotel- The Four Seasons is going all out for the election with complimentary events for those wearing their I Voted stickers on Election Day including freedom fries in the Lounge at Bourbon Steak, free bruschetta in the ENO Wine Bar. The Lounge is also serving up (non-complimentary) themed cocktails and the Wine Bar has flights inspired by each candidate.
- Bar Ilegal Pop up @ The Libertine- From November 2 – 8 in the Libertine space in Adams Morgan, an anti-Trump pop up bar is serving mezcal cocktails, beer and Mexican food. There will also be live music and guest bar tenders every night.
- Henry Rollins Election Spoken Word @ Lincoln Theater – At 6:30 p.m. go see Henry Rollins perform some spoken word
- Mulebone- Maybe get your face on TV at Mulebone because “News One Now: 2016 Election Night Watch Party” on TVone is filming live from the restaurant.
- We-Work Election Party @ National Building Museum- From 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. WeWork is hosting a party at the National Building Museum with patriotic snacks, flip-flopping drinks and a balloon drop no matter who wins. That way, no matter who wins, you win because you can hoard balloons.
- #MyVote Camper @ The Newseum – This election season, in conjunction with CNN the Newseum has decked out a camper and toured it around swing states. It’s back in D.C. in time for Election Day and voters can take photos with it and either a blue, red or purple background beginning at 9 a.m.
- Viewing Party @ The Park– The Park is hosting a viewing party with dancing, dinner and bottle service
- Closed Industry Night Sessions @ The Royal The night before the election from 8 to 2 a.m., The Royal invites you to choose which border you want to cross once the results roll in by sampling cocktails made with Mexican and Canadian alcohol. The Mexico cocktails of course have amazing names like the I Have The Best Drinks, My Drinks Are The Best, I Drink the Best Drinks, the A Wall For My Hombres, and the instant classic No, You’re the Puppet.
- Watch Party @ Sixth & I Historic Synagogue- Sixth and I is setting up televisions, cardboard cutouts of candidates (for photo ops of course) and will have snacks, beer, wine and patriotic cocktails available as well.
- Election Night Party @ Town Danceboutique – The Human Rights Campaign and the Victory Fund are co-hosting an election night viewing party at Town beginning at 6 p.m.. There will be dancing, food, drinks and, of course, Election Results.
- Actually, Just Give Me Death @ Wonderland Ballroom– Lean into your pessimism at Wonderland Ballroom. They’re bringing out the televisions just for the night and you can be sure that the alcohol will be flowing.
- & Pizza- keep it chill by eating your election night dinner at & Pizza. If you wear your I Voted sticker you get a free soda.
- Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken– Now through the election Astro has special candidate inspired donuts, aptly named The Hillary and The Donald. Hillary’s is spicy hot chocolate inspired and the Donald is flavored like Vanilla Cherry Cola.
- Bread Furst- Bread First has adopted a new slogan this election season – Make America Cake Again. They’re serving up special cakes now through the Election. That’s a slogan I can get behind. Cake is never a bad idea.
- California Tortilla – Head to California Tortilla and say “make queso great again,” “I’m with queso” or “I vote for queso” when ordering to receive a free order of chips and queso.
- Chouquette- The chocolate company has launched new election designs, including portraits of both candidates, for their chocolates, all filled with vanilla bean caramel and dark or milk chocolate.
- The Four Seasons Hotel- The Four Seasons is going all out for the election with complimentary events for those wearing their I Voted stickers on Election Day including freedom fries in the Lounge at Bourbon Steak, free bruschetta in the Wine Bar. The Lounge is also serving up (non-complimentary) themed cocktails and the Wine Bar has flights inspired by each candidate.
- Good Stuff Eatery- Good Stuff is combining two of the most American things- elections and burgers, with a burger inspired by each candidate. The Trump includes truffle mayo and champagne vinaigrette, of course. The Hillary has habanero caramelized onions, because she’s apparently all about the spice.
- Harper Macaw –The chocolate company has created a (Very) Political Collection of chocolates including the Flip-Flopper with butter toffee and sea salt, the Tea Party with Dark Chocolate and Earl Grey tea, and the Filibuster which is milk chocolate, peanuts and pretzels.
- Nando’s PERi-PERi- Nandos wants you to pick a side, not only in the election but off their menu as well. If you come in wearing a sticker, literally any sticker, you get a free side dish. In an ideal world it would be an I Voted sticker though, since hopefully you voted.
- RareSweets – RareSweets is making cookies political by decorating their shortbreads as either donkeys, elephants or a write in white board for the undecided snacker (that one comes with edible marker so you can write in your candidate).
- The Sweet Lobby- The Sweet Lobby is decking out their macarons with political decorations, including both the Clinton and Trump campaign logos, so you can make your friends jealous of your politicized french pastries.