The most wonderful time of the year is here: CAPITAL PRIDE. The sun is out. The shorts are short, and everyone is flirty and fun. We’ll see how we are at the end of the weekend. But, for now, we’ve got a jam-packed schedule of glittery things as we celebrate the Capital Pride 2016 theme of Make Magic Happen!
We’ll be making a bit of magic this Friday as Capital Pride & Brightest Young Things present HEX: the Abracadabulous Opening Party at Dock 5 at Union Market. We tend to sell out (it is the biggest queer dance party of the year) so GRAB THOSE TIX, sparkles.
Now, let’s shine your pride with our 2016 BYT Capital Pride Guide
- Capital Pride is hosting a Women’s Speed Dating Event (pretty much what the rest of pride weekend is).
- The DC Bike Party is having a Pride Ride.
- It’s the Big Jewish Pride Happy Hour at Trade.
- The Town Patio hosts Nashville Wednesdays with the DC Rawhides.
- Not a pride event per se, but lots of gays will be at the show. Purity Ring is at the 930 Club.
- DC Gay Flag Football League Pre-Pride Kickoff Party at VIDA’s Penthouse Pool.
- BJK: The Officially Unofficial Pride Humpday Disco with DJ Jacq Jill at Colony Club.
- Nellies hosts Drag Bingo benefiting the DC Cherrry Bombers.
DC Leather Pride presents Kink 101 at TrickBox.
Market Crash – Special DC Pride Edition at the Big Board.
Cobalt & Capital Pride present The Bear & the Maiden Fair – Karaoke Pride Idol Finale at Cobalt.
- and Shaw’s Tavern hosts a Pride Piano Bar.
- Dive in the pool with the Capital Pride Rooftop Pool Party and Rally.
- Outstanding journalist Kerry Eleveld reads from her book Don’t Tell Me to Wait.
- The big dance party of the night is the DC Latino Pride party at Town featuring Yara Sofia from RuPaul’s Drag Race.
LezLink Happy Hour: Pride Edition at Policy.
There’s the Pride Ducky Party at Nellie’s.
- Trade My 2 Dads…and Mother, too Dance Party with DJs Bil Todd & Tommy Cornelis.
- Number 9 hosts Pride Cherry Pop with Justin Morse.
- Town Patio hosts an All Day Happy Hour.
Capital Straddlers will be viewing the movie Inside Out together at the Capital Riverfront Screen on the Green.
Performance of When January Feels like Summer, with post-show discussion hosted by KhushDC about how people of color cope with different identities related to race, gender and social class.
- Cobalt & Capital Pride present Wildfire at Cobalt.
- THIS IS IT. Capital Pride & BYT present HEX: the Abracadabulous Opening Party at Dock 5 at Union Market. Featuring Thorgy Thor and Chi Chi DeVayne from RuPaul’s Drag Race along with Pepper Mashay, Team Peaches, Pussy Noir, Abbi Kadabra, Pulp Friction, Mundy, and the witchy drag girl group W3 (Which Witch is Wich). Sets from DJ Grind, DJ Lisa Moody, and DJ Ayler.
Grab your tickets because they go up in price towards the end of the week
(and we tend to sell out ahead of time).
- At noon MUNDY and The CooLots perform at MLK Library, presented by Fringe Music.
- Join GLOE and the DCJCC for the National Pride Shabbat earlier in the evening at 6th & I Historic Synagogue.
- There is a Play for Pride Benefit Concert at St. Stephen’s Church.
- Then, the DC Front Runners host a Front Runners Pride 5k. And, we still see those runners out dancing later that night. Damn, girl. Get it.
- See Leslie Jordan live at the Studio Theatre.
- Wicked Jezabel hosts a pride party at Freddie’s Beach Bar.
- It’s a pride edition of Drag Salute to the Divas at the Howard Theatre.
- It’s Disco Sunset with Juana and DJ Tommy Cornelis at Bear Happy Hour at Bear Happy Hour: Pride 2016 at Rock and Roll Hotel.
- The big, massive women’s event of the night is the Booty Rex Pride Party at the Black Cat.
- DC Leather Pride hosts TRICK.
- DJ Jeff Prior spins at Trade.
- There is a pride edition of Otter Crossing with Bright Light Bright Light.
- Sonic Cinema presents DC is Burning at Bossa Bistro + Lounge.
- Friday Night Videos with Jack Rayburn is at Number 9.
- Town hosts its Pride Drag Show and Dance Party with Kim Chi from RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- LGBT Fridaze at Vita Lounge.
- Brunch should be in your plans, so plan to join the ‘Crack of Noon’ Parade Day Pride Brunch.
- The Satellite Room hosts a Pride Weekend Brunch Party.
- Pretty Boi Drag presents F*ck Bruch! Pride Lunch at the Bier Barron.
- The Town Patio opens at NOON – early for Pride.
- There will be scores of queer house parties up-and-down the parade route. Don’t know of any? Why not wander into one randomly? No one will probably notice, and you’ll make lots of new, cute friends.
- The big event of the day is the Capital Pride Parade sponsored by Marriott. The streets will be packed.
- If the heat gets to you, cool your heels in Number 9 who will have a Live feed of the Pride Parade broadcasted inside.
- DJ Khelan Bhatia will be spinning at Trade following the Capital Pride Parade.
- If you’re young, check out Queer & Now: Youth Dance at National City Christian Church.
- Trade opens early at noon.
- Hit up the HIPS Fundraiser with DJs Keenan Orr and Dean Sullivan.
- THEN…then…the night starts. Lord knows you’ve already been day drinking. So, why not keep it going?
- Tagg Magazine and LURe present the F.U.S.E. Women’s Main Event at the Howard Theatre.
- One of the biggest Mixtape parties of the year is the Mixtape Pride Party at the 930 Club with DJs Shea Van Horn and Matt Bailer.
- For the thirds year in a row, DJ Lisa Frank & The NeedlExchange (TNX) return to U Street Music for a spectacular pride dance event with Pride ’16 Gay Marvine.
- There is the Pride JOX Underwear Party at the Green Lantern.
- Cobalt & Capital Pride present Ice & Fire at Cobalt.
- Town hosts its Massive Pride Drag Show and Dance Party featuring Bob the Drag Queen from Rupaul’s Drag Race.
- Over at the Eagle is the Distrikt C Men’s Party.
- Over at Flash, Motel Flash has Honey Dijion.
- Jawbreaker: A Queer as Folk Pride Party happens at Number 9.
- The Furball DC party is at the Black Cat.
- Then, hold on girl. There are two afterhours events still to go…
- Then go waaaaaayyyy late into the night as the Cherry Fund presents the Smoke & Mirrors: Capital Pride Afterhours Party. Doors open at 3:30am.
Live! Casino presents the Capital Pride Festival on Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Then the Capital Pride Festival Concert has Meghan Trainor, Melanie Martinez, and Alex Newell.
Smokeshow Pride Closing Party with DJ Tezrah at Old Engine 12.
Cobalt & Capital Pride present the Mother Of Dragons Official Pride Closing Party at Cobalt.
Get more DC queer nightlight info by connecting on Twitter with the @BYGays. And don’t forget to get your tickets to the Capital Pride & BYT present HEX: the Abracadabulous Opening Party at Dock 5 at Union Market.