Hi! Do you have an event, activity, show, party, talk, whatever that you want to add to the BYT events calendar? Click here to find out how!
Event Type :
Sippin' with CityDance POP! breaks down iconic dances and choreography from everyone's favorite music videos. No dance experience required!
October 16 (Friday) 7:00 pm - December 18 (Friday) 8:15 pm
CityDance POP! is offering online Adult Dance Classes via Zoom! This intermediate level jazz class taught by Maurice Johnson will include styles from Street Jazz and Contemporary to
CityDance POP! is offering online Adult Dance Classes via Zoom! This intermediate level jazz class taught by Maurice Johnson will include styles from Street Jazz and Contemporary to Broadway Jazz.
Join us for this 6 week session of LIVE Virtual Jazz Class for adults.
“Drop In” for only $15/class. (Registration window closes 15 minutes upon the start of class.)
See the full Virtual Adult Dance class schedule here. Learn the foundations of ballet, contemporary, jazz and hip hop from CityDance’s esteemed teaching faculty!
October 29 (Thursday) 6:30 pm - December 3 (Thursday) 7:30 pm
$72 for a 6 week session / $15 for Drop-In
November 16 (Monday) 7:00 pm - January 18 (Monday) 8:15 pm
Tickets are on sale now for the Movemberfest Virtual "Pig Roast" and Raffle: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/movemberfest-virtual-pig-roast-tickets-127655544169#Covid made it unfortunately impossible for us to safely and maybe even legally have
Tickets are on sale now for the Movemberfest Virtual “Pig Roast” and Raffle: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/movemberfest-virtual-pig-roast-tickets-127655544169#
Covid made it unfortunately impossible for us to safely and maybe even legally have our standard amazing Movemberfest Pig Roast with all you can eat and drink goodness at Little Miss Whiskeys. With that in mind we’re moving the event online and turning the heat up on the Movemberfest raffle!
You do not have to attend the virtual event to win the raffle, those that are unable to attend will be notified by email of what they won.
All attendees will receive a Movemberfest Party Pack which includes:
- Movemberfest Face Mask (2 x for MEGA VIP)
- Movember swag
- 10% off coupon at DC Brau Brewing Company
- Sweet sweet raffle tickets (4 x for MEGA VIP)
Through the generosity of our longtime raffle sponsor, Lance Macon at Metro Home Locators/Keller Williams we have purchased gift cards as prizes at Little Miss Whiskeys, The Queen Vic, DC Brau, Franklin’s, Pizzeria Paradiso, Streetcar 82, and Penn Quarter Sports Tavern.
We’re starting out with $350 in prizes but for every $1,000 in tickets we sell we add $100 in prizes to the raffle!
We also strongly encourage each of you to visit the DC Tip Jar and send some love to the amazing staff at Little Miss Whiskeys, The Queen Vic, DC Brau and all our other sponsors. These amazing local businesses have made our annual pig roast a can’t miss event and our heart goes out to them and their staff during this difficult year.
We hope that all of you are safe and well, hope to see you online at the Movemberfest Virtual “Pig Roast” on the 30th, and hope to see you in person again next year!
ALL PROCEEDS TO THE MOVEMBER FOUNDATION
Why do we Mo?
– Men need to be more open and honest about their health: 70% of men say their friends can rely on them for support, but only 48% say that they rely on their friends. In other words: we’re here for our friends, but worried about asking for help for ourselves. Reaching out is crucial.
– Early detection is key, go to the doctor!: When detected early, prostate cancer survival rates are better than 98%. Find it late, and those survival rates drop below 26%.
– Testicular cancer strikes young: In the United States, testicular cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in young men.
– Globally, every minute, a man dies by suicide. In the United States, 75% of suicides are men.
– Movember is the worlds largest organization working on these issues!