the killers play merriweather post pavilion this august 2013 DC
Win Before You Can Buy: The Killers @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
May 15, 2013 | 1:00PM

We have a special one for you today, people. A ticket giveaway to kill for.

This is your chance to win two free lawn tickets to see The Killers play Merriweather Post Pavilion on August 10th, so mark those calendars and consider yourself in-the-know, because this is the first you’re most likely hearing about the as yet unannounced show. Tickets go on sale this Friday, May 17 at 10AM.

You know what you’re getting: Lights, dancing in a field with your friends, a wild and crazy time etc. etc.

Oh and music. Good music.

Here’s what you have to do to win: In the comment section, tell us where you would go/what you would do if you were to “run away.” We’re not looking for some lame account of going to the beach and spending your days sipping drinks with umbrellas in them. And we’re definitely not looking for some been-there-done-that Into The Wild Alexander Supertramp redux, OK? So be original. Surprise us. And include a relevant email so we can get in touch with you.

May the muses whisper in your ears and guide you toward the freest of all the tickets in the land.

YouTube Preview Image

Twitter: #KillersMPP @MerriweatherPP

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/merriweathermusic

Screen shot 2013-05-15 at 11.53.40 AM

Comments:

Your Email Address Will Not Be Published

• Frida says:

I would first read a great adventure book, to escape the mind, then lay down, fall asleep, and astral travel.
    I mean, this is optimal. I can travel from the comforts of my own bed!
    Time can be controlled during this, so i’d fly across the skies for a while, then land at every venue Tame Impala or Kurt Vile were playing at that night.
    Perfect plan.

• Dino says:

If i were to run away id head out to the Caribbean, rent scuba and diving gear, charter out a seaplane and head out to the Bermuda triangle on a one way expedition and attempt to discover all those shipwrecks and plane crashes.

• Amanda says:

Alaska to see the Auroa Borealis. The northern lights call out to me.
    Flock of seagulls says it best in this song. And I ran ran so far away
    I just ran I ran all night and day I couldn’t get away. A cloud appears above your head A beam of light comes shining down on you Shining down on you The cloud is moving nearer still Aurora borealis comes in view Aurora comes in view.

• Kat says:

I’d run away to my childhood best friend’s home. It’s far away, I doubt anyone would look for me there (which is the point of running away, right?), and her mom makes the best spaghetti with clam sauce. Oh, and she has a pool table.

• Starry Sailor says:

I actually tried to run away before.

I was in kindergarten and upset with my mother (punished for not doing my homework). I planned to run away to the nearest playground that resided on an ex-country club turned public park and golf course.

You see this was not your usual park, instead it was a wonder land to me. There were so many places I could hide and explore. From the gated and locked garden that had nearly every flower I could imagine, to the forest with old rail road tracks that I could follow. I planned to fish in the two ponds and roll down the golf course hills for fun.

However, I remembered my mom’s “ghost stories” about wild dogs that would chase her and her siblings through the golf course and decided I wasn’t ready to run away.

• Johnnyrev says:

If I were to runaway I would love to do a walkabout with the aboriginals in Australia. One of the oldest continuos societies in the world. There are many sacred caves in the outback that have paintings dated back thousands of years that depict airplanes and even aliens ! I would die to see that

• Tracy S. says:

Does it make me totally uncool that I would run away to my parent’s house? We have a 2 year old and a baby due in a week, so I don’t need anything fancy, just a little escape from being a grown up every now and then.

• AJS says:

If I were to run away, I would follow Gogol Bordello and Dropkick Murphys around the world on their respective summer tours. And Eugene Hutz’s mustache would be my mode of transportation. Inappropriate? Perhaps, but a whole lot of fun!

• Tori says:

If I were to run away, I would become an extreme tourism guide, traveling to all the most terror and adrenaline inducing attractions all over the world, from swimming in the Devil’s Pool at Victoria’s Falls in Zimbabwe to touring Chernobyl to swimming sans cage in Australia with great white sharks. I would more than likely die before I could fall over a waterfall, succumb to radiation, or become a shark’s bikini-clad brunch, respectively; I would die from laughter as I watched grown men practically pee themselves in fear all day. :D

• Amy K says:

If I could run away, I would grab my best friend and go on an epic around-the-world music festival tour, hitting up Reading and T in the Park, every Lollapalooza, Big Day Out, everything!

• Jenn h says:

Really anywhere those two little monsters I call children couldn’t find me :)

• C. says:

If I were to run away, I would walk right out of my job while I was at work (work sucks, right?) and take a lifetime vacation, travelling around the country with any friends who would like to go along on the way.

• Dee says:

probably to hermosa beach. it’s pretty cool out there.

• katie says:

if i were to run away i’d take the seats out of my van and convert it into a sort of living space – slap a mattress in there, some sort of shelving unit, maybe a mini fridge. and i’d take off west. i live on the east coast and have never traveled, and i want to see it all. i’d stop at all the must see things, like the grand canyon and mt rushmoore and all that, but i’d go really everywhere. i want to meet my best friend in a truck stop diner in minnesota. i want to swim in lakes and try to build a fire in the rain and see something on the horizon other than tall buildings.

• JD says:

I would run away to the west coast, rent a convertible, and hit a multitude of wineries on my way up to Seattle. I’d visit every free concert, festival, or free live music event I can find.

• says says:

i would run to my grandma’s apartment because its fairly close and there’s usually no one there. Then i’d play monopoly online or take a nap

• Cee says:

New Zealand to live in a hobbit house

• Mike says:

I would run back in time to 1985, find the younger version of my insane scientist friend, find my Dad, realize he’s a perv, attend the Enchantment under the Sea Dance, rip some chords to ‘Johnny B Good’, punch a guy named Biff for hitting on my smoking hot mom, steal Biff’s Almanac for future gambling endeavors, shake Goldie Wilsons hand…cuz he’ll be mayor, then run back in time, place all my bets with my Almanac, win big, share the money with my friends Jen and Greg, and attend all Killer shows from here until eternity…..well at least until they design the Hover Board.

• Greg says:

I would run to Sweden with my friends Jen and Mike, hold a reverse polygamy marriage, raise children that would only have asymetrical haircuts to better ingratiate with the Swedish population, build a home overlooking the water that looks like Ikea just mated with Bjorn Borg, live on the proceeds from a book about the first successful three-way marriage that Oprah put on her best sellers list, and learn to play the drums.

• Doug says:

I would run away from the forces of evil and reunite wish Chris McCandless in Alaska.

• Lili says:

I would run away to Costa Rica to work on at the sloth sanctuary. Sloths 24/7, baby!

• Greg says:

I’d run away to Russia and see if I could hop on a Soyuz up to the International Space station to make a sweet video like the American astronaut did this week. Only I’d do spaceman!

• Alexis says:

I would “runaway” to the Pinkpop festival this summer. The line up is amazing! Not only are the Killers playing but also so many other great bands.

• Anthony says:

If I was to run away, I would go to Colombia, to find my birth parents who I never met and have never gone back to see

• Molly says:

I would probably only run away if I was extremely unhappy where I was, so I might travel to a place I’ve always wanted to go to: Bali. The culture, food, and spirituality of this place has always been so exciting and different to me. I’d run away to a simpler, more fulfilled lifestyle.

• Allison says:

If I were to run away, I would high-tail it to Berlin in the summer time, where I would drink German beer by day, and visit the sandy beach bars in the evening before going out at night. I would also take in all of Berlin’s street art and visit Tacheles, the old artists’ squat.

• BaileyIt. says:

If I were to “run away” I would search for myself in hopes to find subliminal ecstasy. I want to be happy. Music makes me happy. So I would jump in the car with some good music and my sunglasses and hit the road. I wouldn’t stop until I understand who I am and what I want in life. I would “run away” to soul search.

• Anonymous says:

a Woodstock of modern and indi rock