First some local stuff, then we just talk about BEER.
- Inox in Tyson’s Corner has closed. They are looking for jobs for their staff to move on to.
- Equinox has reopened downtown, after a fire that ravaged their kitchen and dining room 5 months ago.
- Have you tried Agora, the new Turkish restaurant on 17th in the former Jack’s location? Capital Spice has good words about it.
- Cork Market s picked by Bon Appetit magazine as one of the top 10 places to get fried chicken in the US.
- Being rich doesn’t keep you from choking in your own restaurant.
Speaking of beer…
- Serious Eats picks their beers for summer. On the list, Bell’s Oberon, Goose Island Summertime, Blue Point Summer Ale.
- Friday, June 4th, is National Doughnut Day. Birch &Barley is celebrating by offering a $5 plate of chocolate, lemon-poppy and toffee-bacon doughnuts. For $12, they’ll also do 3 4oz beer pairings.
Speaking of more beer…
This Saturday is Savor, an American craft beer and food event at the National Building Museum. It has been sold out for a while, but that doesn’t mean you can’t participate in a week’s worth of pretty amazing beer events. Here’s some highlights from the schedule which can also be seen here.
Wednesday, June 1, 2010
- Elephant and Castle Heavy Seas Beer - Feature on Heavy Seas and glass giveaway.
- Pizzeria Paradiso (both locations) 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Happy Hour Glassware Giveaway - Featured brewers include Ommegang, Flying dog, Southampton, Victory, Smuttynose, and many more.
- Palace of Wonders 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Magic Hat Night - $3 Magic Hat products all night. Happy hour promotion and giveaway followed by a Magic Hat-themed burlesque show.
- 19th 5:00 pm – Close Flying Dog Night - $3 Flying Dog bottles all night, meet the people of Flying Dog, t-shirt and pint glass giveaway!
- Churchkey 6:00 pm Anchor Humming Ale Release Party - New seasonal release by Anchor Steam. Will feature Humming Ale on draft and multiple other Anchor offerings.
Thursday, June 2, 2010
- RFD 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm Pre-SAVOR event (Tickets $30) - Featured breweries include: Dogfish Head, Sam Adams, Ommegang, Sierra Nevada, Saranac, Harpoon, Heavy Seas, Anchor Steam, Magic Hat, Flying Dog, Southampton, Stoudts, Peak Organic, Hook & Ladder, Cisco, and Otter Creek.
- Granville Moore’s 10:00 pm – 12:00 am Late Night & Pints - Select Ommegang draughts, bottles and glassware promotion as well as launch of GM’s new late night menu. Ommegang staff & Chef Teddy.
Friday, June 4, 2010
- Churchkey 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Meet & Greet w/ Ken Grossman - Featuring 5 Sierra Nevada Cask Conditioned ales & glassware giveaway.
- D’Vines 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Sam Caligione book signing and beer sampling - Come meet the owner of Dogfish Head Brewery and sample a few great Dogfish Head beers.
- Scion 5:30 pm Harpoon Beer Dinner - Five different Harpoon draft offerings and great food pairings that can be ordered a la carte. Features new beers 100 bbl Single Hop ESB and Leviathan Big Bohemia Pilsner.
- Policy 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Magic Hat Beer Dinner - Renee and Alan Newman will be hosting a beer dinner upstairs.
- The Brickskeller 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm ReunuLESS Meet & Greet - Featuring multiple craft brewers—Sierra Nevada, Dogfish Head, Odell, and more.
- Pizzeria Paradiso 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Meet the Brewers - Featuring Phil Markowski of Southampton and Mike McMannus of Brewery Ommegang.