- Finalists for the 2011 Rammys and James Beard awards were announced earlier this week. Find out what area chefs, restaurants and food writers were nominated. (WaPo)
- A look at Standard, a newly-opened beer garden and barbecue joint on 14th Street NW (WaPo)
- Mike Isabella takes The Feast on a second tour of his upcoming Penn Quarter restaurant, Graffiato, and confirms he’s gearing for a late spring opening.
- Asylum is undergoing some serious changes, and while the bar will remain in the basement space, the upstairs is going to become a craft beer & BBQ establishment. Enter the contest to name the upstairs bar for a chance to receive $1000 credit to the new space. (Prince of Petworth)
- DC’s second “Grey Farmers’ Market” will be held at Local 16 on May 21st . The event, which first took place in February at Kushi, allows several local unlicensed/uncertified vendors an opportunity for visibility and sales. (Prince of Petworth)
- It’s going to be an exciting Spring on H Street with the coming of three new restaurants. Khan’s Bar & Grill Mongolian BBQ will open Monday, Toki Underground will open April 1, and Queen Vic is following close behind.
- Preparing for the president: what goes on in Washington restaurants when the Obamas come calling. (WaPo)
- In case you were wondering where you could find the World’s largest gummy bear – soccer game concessions at RFK Stadium will offer the monstrosity which is the equivalent of 1,400 regular-size gummy bears, weighs approximately five pounds, and holds a whopping 12,600 calories. Sick. (DCist)
- On the hunt for DC’s best grilled cheese: The folks over at City Paper weigh in on sandwiches from Sticky Fingers Bakery, Five Guys, Busboys & Poets, and Jaleo.
- Top 10 Liz Lemon Food GIFs a.k.a. Top 10 reasons I love Tina Fey a.k.a. Top 10 Best things that have ever happened to me (Endless Simmer)
- From a quesadilla maker to tater mitts, Huffington Post rounds up the 10 food and drink inventions we didn’t need. Though I stand firmly behind my need for an onion blossom maker …and a spork …and maybe that muffin top baking pan. Wait, what do you mean useless? These are awesome. (HuffPo)
- Breaking: Yelp now recognizes ‘hipster’ as an ambiance. Better check that outfit before you make a reservation! Oof. (Eater)
- Food Porn Site of the Day – Charcuteroulette: an endless reel of delicious meats. Droooool nom.
Recipes for a fatty’s dream come true:
- Cadbury crème deviled eggs #fuckyeahEaster
- Reuben eggrollz. You know you want some.