All the DC news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
Have tips? Send them to email@example.com.
Happy lunchtime, DC! We’ve got mouthwatering first looks and recaps, all the events you’ll need to make your weekend delicious anywhere in the DMV, tips for orchard season, the best fall pizzas and beers, and so much more. Dig in!
This week in BYT food:
- We took a first look and taste test at Newton’s Noodles, and learned what exactly fuzu is.
- Brooklyn Brewery’s MASH kicked off last week and we spent some time at their Churchkey event.
- Your happy hour hotline is here, serving up a combination of free shows and cheap drinks.
- 2 Birds 1 Stone is the underground craft cocktail haven hiding beneath Doi Moi, and it’s adorable.
- We interviewed Joe Ostrosky, Toki Underground GM by night and Club Scout drummer by later-at-night about DC food, music, and the future of H Street.
- We stopped by BLT Steak’s “86 Summer, 86 Bucks” grill out to bid summer farewell.
- We grabbed a first look at the Petworth Citizen & Reading Room– they have a Kill Bill cocktail, among many others.
- The DC Green Festival taught us a thing or two about sustainable living and eating in the district.
Upcoming food events:
- Tonight, The Grille at Morrison House will host a special Champagne dinner featuring magnum bottles of rare grower Champagnes.
- Also tonight, Crystal City’s Blues and Brews returns with a full beer garden.
- And a final Wednesday night option: head to Trohv for a night of pie literature and tasting.
- Tomorrow, B Too hosts a three-course cognac dinner through CityEats.
- On Friday, Sticky Fingers will help celebrate the release of John Schlimm’s new book, ‘The Cheesy Vegan.’
- Wine in the Waterpark continues every Friday evening this season.
- As we previously suggested, head to Sphinx Club on Friday and Saturday for Wine Riot.
- Also on Friday, the James Beard foundation continues its Taste America series at the Embassy of Italy.
- What could be better than day drinking on a boat? DC’s got its own Oktoberfest cruise this weekend.
- The 10th Annual Asian Festival hits Maryland on Saturday and Sunday, which means lots of great food and drinks.
- Saturday is DC VegFest, the largest vegetarian celebration in the district.
- Also on Saturday, the Maryland MicroBrewery Festival lands in Westminster, featuring 15 breweries and over 30 brands of beer.
- The DMV Curbside Cookoff takes place in Wheaton on Saturday, bringing together 20 of the area’s best food trucks.
- And as if Saturday wasn’t packed enough, the Barracks Row Fall Festival lands on the 28th too.
- 2941 Restaurant in Falls Church celebrates its fall harvest on Sunday with a special seasonal menu.
- Also on Sunday, Addie’s hosts their last crab feast of the season.
- On Monday, Zaytinya hosts a “Road Trip Through Greece” Wine Dinner, inspired by recent travels.
- Looking ahead to October 13, BGR The Burger Joint hosts the first ever burger eating competition at Taste of DC.
Everything else that’s fit to eat (and drink):
- Burger King announced its newest product: Satisfries, low fat fries. We’re not sure how we feel about this.
- WaPo argues that autumn, not summer, is the best season for grilling.
- Are you a vegetarian? Then you should probably move. Here are the most vegetarian-friendly countries on earth.
- Zagat clues you in on the best new fall pizzas in the district.
- Chef Fabio Trabboci of Fiola and Casa Luca shares his favorite places to dine in DC.
- Your friendly neighborhood beer experts guide you through the ten best fall beers.
- It’s orchard season. Learn how to pick and taste apples like a pro.