While there is absolutely nothing funny or fun about Sequestration weekend ahead (with food assistance programs being hit hard as well), we figured we’d TRY and at least share with you where you could eat and drink your government sorrows in the most efficient/cheap way:
Café Saint Ex offers diners 10% off food. Mention the “Sequester Relief” special to a server or bartender to lighten your food bill, easy as that! The special lasts through the weekend. Along with the 10% off, Chef Billy Klein is rolling out a much anticipated bar menu featuring finger-friendly snacks like Old Bay Puffed Pork Rinds, Homemade Black Bean Hummus with Pita, and House Cut Loaded Bacon Cheese Fries. These treats and more are two dollars off this weekend (March 1-3) at the upstairs bar and in Gate 54 lounge until 7pm
- Hard Time Cafe – happy hour starts at 3, and while there are no drink specials DIRECTLY associated with the sequester, the name of the place makes it almost a poster child for federal furloughs drinking games.
- once you’re in the work week – The Daily Dish in Silver Spring is offering 20 percent off on food at lunch for all government employees that show their ID Monday through Friday, beginning today and throughout the duration of the sequester. The lunch menu includes pizzas, burgers, crab cakes, and more. (via City Paper)
- Board Room – no sequestration deals per se, but $4 beers, rail drinks and wine during the weekend happy hour (noon-7pm) and the perfect food solution for the budget conscious: YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN. And the name relates both to games available and, if your are bitter enough, the MAN sitting in that board room somewhere, taking your money.
- Cause Philantropub – check out the 5-5-5-5 happy hour every day of the week (including this weekend).5-7pm. $5 All Draft Beer, $5 Select Featured House Cocktail, $5 Select Featured White & Red Wine, $5 CAUSE BOILERMAKER – Keystone Light & a Fireball!, $5 Food specials include G Tso Wings, Hushpuppies, and Market Salad. All for a good cause and the good of your wallet.
- Black Jack DC – since our well being is a gamble. Plus, an extended happy hour on Sundays: drink and food specials from 3pm—Last Call. 1/2 Price Draft Beers, Pizzas, and Addie’s Mussels, 2 for 1 Happy Hour Oysters, $5 Red, White, Sparkling Wine, $7 Dive Burgers
and we’ll be adding more as applicable (plus, feel free to add your suggestions in the comments)