Welcome to your daily “Things to Do in DC” Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- Couple of Heads Ups:
- Keep religiously abreast of our SHOWS TO GET PUMPED FOR THIS WEEK column-it has EVERYTHING you need musically+a handy playlist to get jazzersized to
- our OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE 2013 is live now too-NEVER BE WITHOUT IT
- Coming right up is our FREE and ALMOST FREE THINGS to DO IN DC this week and our super amazing HAPPY HOUR HOTLINE aka the BEST resources for budget friendly awesomeness. OK? K!
- Plus who doesn’t wanna check out cute photos of ponies and partyin’? PRANCIN’: A BYT Derby Daywas spectacular.
- Work off all those post-Cinco de Derby pounds with a little free Pilates in the park right after work
- And in live music options tonight you’ve got a slew:
- The Shout Out Louds are at the 930 Club with those adorable indie rockers, Haerts
- Palma Violets are at Rock and Roll Hotel (and we have a great interview with them too)
- Check out the new bar/venue everyone is talking about, Black Whiskey with a Sisu (and here’s our First Look too!)
- U Street Music Hall has plenty of danceability with RL Grime on the decks
- But if cheap drinks and honky tonk are more you thing, OUTLAWS at Marx Cafe is a BYT staple
- My favorite broadway show ever, Showboat, is live at the Kennedy Center
- Or you could be moved to near tears with the “One Million Bones” art exhibit at the Torpedo Factory
- No matter what you do, it’s going to be a good Tuesday.