Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- Couple of Heads Ups:
- Keep religiously abreast of our SHOWS TO GET PUMPED FOR THIS WEEK column-it has EVERYTHING you need musically+a handy playlist to get jazzersized to
- Our FREE and ALMOST FREE THINGS to DO IN DC this week and HAPPY HOUR HOTLINE columns is the #1 source for budget friendly awesomeness. OK? K!
now, in more TUESDAY SPECIFIC events:
LOTS OF AWESOME Movie options:
- there is a special, one night only screening of Werner Herzog’s CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS (in 2D or 3D) in Georgetown. Sweet. AND WEIRD.
- or you can catch DJANGO Unchained for $2 only @ Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse
- or head to the DCJCC for a screening of FILL THE VOID
- The Woggles, Hall Monitors and Jake Starr are @ Comet, a show that comes with this super sweet flyer:
- The New Orleans Music series continues with a free Luke Winslow-King show @ Kennedy Center Millenium Stage at 6pm
- a ukulele wunderkind is at Sixth and I
- Lost in the Trees take on RNR Hotel
- And finally, Solange at 9:30 Club is of course SO SOLD OUT. Jam to “Losing You” and think of lost opportunities (though there’s always next time).
- + all sorts of other stuff