Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY(side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- TONIGHT’S THE NIGHT, GANG. The Faint are playing all of Danse Macabre at 9:30 Club and if you’re not there, you might be a total sucker.
- Or get your dance on elsewhere with The French Express Tour at U Street Music Hall with Perseus, Moon Boots, Jonas Rathsman and Chris Malinchak.
- If you’re in the mood for an entirely different evening of music, head to The Hamilton and hear Anais Mitchell, the thoughtful alt-folk songstress. No really, she is fantastic.
- Oh wait, you’re into music and THEATRE? What about Scotland? Check out “The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart” at Bier Baron Tavern, presented by Shakespeare Theatre Company, for a mix of ALL THREE. (Plus free whiskey.) Hey, remember that time one of the cast members sang “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” as a Scottish folk ballad? No? Here you go.
- OK, OK, if none of those appeal (who are you??) then we highly suggest you hit up The Young Rapids at DC9 and check out one of our favorite up-and-coming bands.
- And if you now saying, “ENOUGH WITH THE MUSIC SUGGESTIONS,” (again, who are you?) then check out the world premiere of The Garden of Steven at DC Arts. It’s almost entirely sold out so hustle on those tix, yeah? Plus there’s an afterparty. Nothing not to love.