Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY(side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- YOU GUYS. PUBLIC ENEMY IS AT 9:30 CLUB TONIGHT. Grab your wall-clock bling. It’s on.
- Like Scottish things? Like unconventional theatre? Check out Shakespeare Theatre Company’s “The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart” performed in… wait for it…. Scottish song at Bier Baron Tavern.
- And if you feel like feasting, head to The Dunes for Chili Chomp, a chili cook-off with all the beer, chili, cornbread and Tums you can eat for $10.
- If you feel like dancin’ (or need to work off that chilifest), check out Detroit’s Shaun Reeves at Musique Box for some “cosmic underground house and techno.” (And, let’s face it, anything described as “cosmic” is always worth a visit.)
- The good times/dancing continues at U Street Music Hall with Stanton Warriors.
- And if you’re into something a bit classier, head to Howard Theatre for jazz great Delfeyao Marsalis.