So here it is, a list of oddly/funnily/unfortunately names restaurants in the DC area. If you’re on the list, take no offense, all in good fun.
- The Sacrificial Lamb (DC) – I like to picture my dinner bleating as it get its throat cut.
- Sauciety (National Harbor) – Apparently this is part of a chain of Starwood hotel restaurants. They focus on sauces. *Groan*
- Tono Sushi (DC) – You know how much sushi I’m going to eat tonight? A ton-o.
- Co Co. Sala (DC) – It has an extra period. Probably why it needs all that chocolate.
- Fyve (Pentagon City)- What’s wrong with Five?
- Pusser’s Caribbean Grill (Annapolis) – Ick. Their website pusserusa.com makes it worse.
- Savour and Sutra (DC) – Technically it’s two places with two names which are okay. But together, they freak me out.
- Pho Kim (Alexandria) – And all his friends.
- Sou’Wester (DC) – “Hey, we’re in SW”
- Meat in a Box (Falls Church) – These guys get it. I love them.
- Cheep Cheep Chicken (Annapolis) – The sound a little chick makes or the value of the meat. Which is worse?
- Mr. Yogato (DC) – Domo arigato
- Pete’s Apizza (DC)- For people who aren’t from around here, they always think I’m trying to bring back the Little Ceasar’s tagline. Which make me look like a loser and I hate that.
- Corduroy (DC) – Not something I want in my mouth.
- Moby Dick House of Kabob (Metro) – Another one you forget about until you discuss lunch plans with out-of-towners.
- Againn (DC) – They used the “n,” again.
- Bilbo Baggins (Alexandria)- A global wine cafe and restaurant, named after a hairy-footed Hobbit.
- Prego Again (DC) – A tweet from a reader makes me realize just how funny this really is. You slut.
- Steam Cafe (DC) – You know what’s not appetizing at all? Steam.
- The Fractured Prune (Metro) – Bad name, good donuts.
- Oohhs and Aahhs (DC) – No one knows how to spell it, and no one likes saying it.
- Thaitanic and Thaiphoon (DC and Alexandria)- The ability to make terrible disasters seem cute by blending them with national identify = delicious.
- New Big Wong (DC) – Caught my boyfriend taking cell phone pics of this one. We all should really.
Please feel free to add your own!
Be sure to follow @BYTEatDrinkfor running updates on food and beverage news in the area. Send tips, suggestions and listings to firstname.lastname@example.org