Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- Wednesday, April 13 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. there’s an “exclusive VIP event” with Jodi Arnold @ The Limited Tyson’s Corner. RSVP
- Thursday, April 14 and Friday, April 15 from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. is Shecky’s Girls Night Out @ DAR Constitution Hall, 1776 D St. NW (17th & 18th Sts. NW). “You’ll experience the newest warm weather fashion trends, delish cocktails and beer, plus sensational spring beauty treatments. Throw in our fabulous goodie bags, chock full of freebies, and we guarantee you’ll have a spring in your step in no time.”
- Midcity Third Thursday @ 14th and U is also on Thursday, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. See what specials will be offered in the area. “Get rare finds at DC’s coolest independent shops and boutiques, then grab a drink or meal in what’s becoming known as a dining destination or see a show at one of MidCity’s great music venues or theaters.”
- Friday, April 16 and Saturday, April 17: Proper Topper and The Washington Post’s Fashion Washington will host women’s wear designer Abigail Glaum-Lathbury in its Georgetown shop, 3213 P St. NW, for a showing of her spring/summer collection and a preview of fall. Glaum-Lathbury will be joined by FW and Post Express‘ Jenn Barger. The women will discuss “design, inspiration and the state of edgy fashion.” Cocktails & canapés will be served from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Friday and from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday in the garden of the shop. Read a Q/A with the designer at Proper Topper.
- All day on Saturday, April 17 enjoy games, treatments or schedule a free mini facial @ LUSH Georgetown, 3066 M St. NW.
- Also Saturday, from 12:00 to 11:00 p.m. “Sip bubbly and enjoy 15% off Tibi Designs” at a Tibi Trunk Show @ Urban Chic, 7136 Bethesda Lane, Bethesda MD. Afterparty is at Redwood with food and drink specials from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m.
- AND Saturday, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Bloomingdale’s Chevy Chase, 5300 Western Ave. NW, welcomes you to meet Italian jewelry designer Marco Bicego.
- ***From April 19 to June 19: “Photographers represented by Polka Galerie, Derek Hudson, Cathleen Naundorf, Jean-Marie Périer and Gérard Uféras, immortalize emblematic faces of the fashion runway and capture uniques instants from the secret world of Haute Couture, behind the scenes at Dior, Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Lacroix, Yves Saint Laurent.” The photo exhibition, Fashion Stills, debuted in France, is making its second U.S. stop @ Sofitel after a time in New York City and will continue touring in Chicago, L.A. and Montreal.
“THE AFGHAN DRUMMER PROJECT” AND MORE
THE HIGH SUMMER
Behind-the-scenes of the Topshop shoot.
SIDE NOTE: WANTED
POTATO PERSPECTIVES BY ASA SONJASDOTTER
I NEED an African print summer dress made of these colors. [Courtesy of VVORK]
MAN ABOUT TOWN
Aaron Johnson is on the cover of the new issue of the magazine. The actor would probably be the Justin Bieber of the UK if he wasn’t a 19-year-old engaged to a 43-year-old, who’s carrying his baby. In the words of Megan Burns, “ughhhh such a waste.”
BUT he’s still nice to look at. Watch Man About Town‘s video of the shoot.
AW 2010 IRIS
Sara Phillips: The new collection
SHRINK TO FIT
[Courtesy of Vogue Italia April 2010, shot by Steven Meisel]
A shovel, a sickle and a fork by Stanley Ruiz. [Courtesy of Cool Material]
Daniel Magnussen, of HE magazine, is now the editor and creative director of a new publication, Intermission.
Subscribe to the newsletter.
The New York Times writes about Malcolm McLaren, who passed away on Thursday in Switzerland. Here he is with Vivienne Westwood in 1976. [Photograph by Leee Black Childers]
GREAT. COOL. SURE. NICE.
GOOD. RIGHT. OK. WOW. YEAH.
Proenza Schouler tie dye with Martha Stewart.
ANNA WINTOUR IS AUCTIONING A WEEK OFF AT VOGUE.
It’ll cost you $$$. New York Magazine has the story.
SYNESTHESIA A/W 2010
Iris Van Herpen’s latest collection [Courtesy of TrendLand]
A LITTLE OLSEN IN YOUR DAY
PREP IS DEAD, LONG LIVE PREP
The New Yorker asks: “What does it even mean to be a prep nowadays?” [...]
“I MOSH, I MOSH, I, LIKE, RUN AROUND THE ROOM.”
“YOU MARCH?” “YEAH, MOSH.”
“THAT’S A PRETTY GOOD MOSH.” “THANKS.”
LOVE shares these banned 1995 Calvin Klein Jeans ads. God, the guy’s voice makes me so uncomfortable.
Is that a young Bijou Phillips?