Welcome to the Internet, where you can live out all your weird, twisted fantasies.
- Good morning! Here’s the most brilliant use of the web you’ll probably see all day: what it would be like if the Internet wrote the classics.
- Let’s keep up the literary trend, plus a pinch of stalkerdom–take a fun virtual Google Maps tour of authors’ homes; Twain, Shakespeare, Dostoevsky, Burroughs and more.
- Feel like being lazy today/tonight? Here are the 20 best free films available on on Youtube.
- Here’s that Kate Bush song (rerelease of “Running Up That Hill,” complete with interpretive dancing) that was almost entirely cut from the U.S. broadcast of the London closing ceremony…
- Speaking of which, here are the 25 most absurd moments from the closing ceremonies. Oh, Britain.
- And in more absurd news news, Insane Clown Posse is suing the FBI.
- Ok, just kidding, one more Olympics link because you just need it–fierce-as-all-hell photos of the Spice Girls’ outifts at the closing ceremonies.
- It’s time for your Nerdy Awesome of the Day–astronauts playing with yo-yos in space because science.
- And now for your Hilarious But Frightening (But Mostly Hilarious) of the Day, Politicians Losing Their Shit on Camera.
- Here are some mesmerizing photos of snakes like you’ve never seen before…
- And in a somewhat terrifying follow-up, here’s a birthday cake that looks just like a Python. (Do not want.)
- Something way less scary: 20 Products We Probably Never Needed (though I’m going to be honest–I’m all about this erotica phone).
- And on one final note of (hilarious) erotica, here’s the Snogometer, a kissing device invented by some teenager in 1965. Pretty great:
‘Til next time, we’ll keep up the good sendoffs.